Pre-match thread

wedge

Even though certain death awaits us in the final I'd like to see us go all out for the win with our strongest side tonight. Momentum is something we've struggled to acquire over the season so far and a win could really boost our chances in the forthcoming league games. Confidence has a massive impact on performances. A little run now could see us ease towards the 40pt mark. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Spot on, only the Final goes to extra time . oooooh getting nervous now 

Yeah hard to concentrate, trying to work, my italian missus is bewildered by my behaviour. Apart from not giving much of a shit about football she is indoctrinated in the Italian idea that the cup is worthless, then this is the *second* cup... 

I think I need to go for a walk and buy some beer.

On 26/01/2020 at 19:48, wedge said:

Had a brief look at some of their forums, the majority of them reckon all they've got to do is turn up and they're going to Wembley.

One clearing in the woods even called us 'no marks', how I laughed, its amazing isn't it, they've won a grand total of two top flight titles and three League Cups, are the third biggest club in the East Midlands...'no marks'...pfft!

Let's prove these happy clappy, plastic bunch of idiots wrong Villa and send them back clappers and tails/free scarves/hats/socks between their legs!

Fack em

Midweek games at VP have been quite kind to us this season. Everton and Watford stick out, I’m sure there was another one?

Anyway, I’m quietly optimistic about tonight. Feel like our squad is starting to gel. They’ve been through some battles together and the team spirit seems to be developing. Reina is  a born winner.

UTV

6 hours ago, smg said:

Fishing for reactions ?

No, the record of relegation teams that end up in cup finals trying to stay up is poor. Swansea did it however Boro, The scum, Portsmouth, Wigan etc all went down as well 

Our run in isn’t great and I don’t really want to see us at Wembley against Citeh

Have a feeling that will be a repeat of our day out against Arsenal or even worse a repeat of Citeh vs Watford