Pre-match thread

wedge

I will never, ever understand how Leicester is pronounced “Lester.”  It will always bug me, and for that completely rational reason I hate the Foxes. Throw the full might of Villa at them and let’s go back to Wembley for the 3rd straight season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MNVillan said:

Does the away goal rule come into play tomorrow?

Apparently not, would be much better if it did though. You should be rewarded in the case of a draw if you've scored more goals away from home IMO. No though, they don't come into play tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

I wonder if any Wigan fans thought "What's the point? We'll only get thrashed by Man City at Wembley..."?

Good point, although I guess they hadn’t been to a cup final before, unlike our annual Wembley trips. Any defeat to oil Man City has an asterisk next to it anyway. They have had bad days this season, hopefully another in March or even on Wednesday.

7 hours ago, Farlz said:

It's bad to say but I'm struggling to get myself proper excited for this. If we win great, what a night at Villa Park but then all I can think about is City wiping the floor with us at Wembley and we get embarrassed yet again in a cup final which is just something I don't want to see.

We should probably not enter any cups because of inevitable defeat to superior team at the business end 🤨

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

You should be rewarded in the case of a draw if you've scored more goals away from home IMO.

I disagree.

Playing at home is a huge advantage by itself. And both teams get's to play at home. You shouldn't be rewarded for scoring an away goal.

Always thought that rule was dumb as hell. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

I will never, ever understand how Leicester is pronounced “Lester.”  It will always bug me, and for that completely rational reason I hate the Foxes. Throw the full might of Villa at them and let’s go back to Wembley for the 3rd straight season.

Interesting point. If we get through and somehow yanited do. Would it be played at Wembley? I'm sure it has to be a neutral ground. We're there every year, it wouldn't be fair on yanited.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think today’s noises of Vardy being available  are a bit of a bluff. I couldn’t care if he plays or doesn’t, but I think the statements today saying he’ll play are a bluff. There’s an argument to be had that Iheanacho is in better goal scoring form anyway. I still think for the most part that our best chance of winning is to play like the away team, keep it busy in midfield and tight at the back, don’t chase the game bombing forward. 

5 hours ago, MNVillan said:

My Canadian wife had all sorts of trouble when we lived over there. Gloucestershire, Bicester, The river Thames, Worcestershire sauce...

Though she quickly understood why Paul Tait is pronounced "Massive word removed".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

My side would be:

Reina

Konsa Mings Hause

Guilbert Drinkwater Nakamba Targett

El Ghazi Samatta Grealish

Subs: Nyland, Chester, Elmohamady, Taylor, Luiz, Trezeguet, Davis

That would be mine too, but it won’t be Smith’s. Drinkwater is cup tied and it sounds like Nyland will start. I’d expect Douglas Luiz will come in, but the rest should stay the same. Hopefully.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Throw the full might of Villa at them and let’s go back to Wembley for the 3rd straight season.

Idiot on TalkSport this morning saying Villa were last at Wembley in 2015 when they were thrashed by Arsenal.