Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I just don't see what's so unique about him?

Whenever i watch him he just seem like a really good fox in the box. Nothing special.

We've seen many strikers like this before. As i mentioned. Van Nistelrooy, Vardy, Lukaku.

The way people are talking it's like he is something we've never seen before. But we have. And we will see plenty of strikers in the same mold after he is retire.

If you asked me about strikers and who is really unique and special i would have to say the Brazilian Ronaldo. I don't think we will ever see a striker like that again.

He is 20 years old. Vardy was working in a warehouse at 20, Van NIstelrooy was struggling in the Dutch 2nd division and Lukaku was at the giants of West Brom

I cant remember a more clinical striker at 20 since probably Michael Owen

46 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

I know. I was more referencing other posts about him out scoring Messi/Ronaldo. Shoes i don't think he'll ever fill, or even be the right fit for.

I do stand by Inters Adriano being the way every young striker should be measured. Made Milans backline look like U15's everytime they'd play 

Oh yes good old Adriano with 99 shot power on pes 6. Good times 😁

I think he's unique because he has a skill set that doesn't seem to fit the look of him, he's a bit awkward and clumsy looking, sometimes a bit slow looking... And then bang he's gone, he's a big guy yet not a target man, he scores all sorts of goals, almost a bit zlatanesque at times taking stuff on that he has no right to yet makes the finish look easy

Not sure comparing him to strikers of the last 10 years is worth anything but if you compare him to other strikers around at the moment he's definitely something special, he's out scoring pretty much everyone apart from lewandowski who's on a mental run himself 

I'm sure I did once link him to Gerd Muller, I think he'll end up with a spectacular goal record but get stuck with "just a goalscorer" whilst the likes of mbappe are thrown out in to the GOAT conversation by social media with either lad or bible in their name 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think he's unique because he has a skill set that doesn't seem to fit the look of him, he's a bit awkward and clumsy looking, sometimes a bit slow looking... And then bang he's gone, he's a big guy yet not a target man, he scores all sorts of goals, almost a bit zlatanesque at times taking stuff on that he has no right to yet makes the finish look easy

Not sure comparing him to strikers of the last 10 years is worth anything but if you compare him to other strikers around at the moment he's definitely something special, he's out scoring pretty much everyone apart from lewandowski who's on a mental run himself 

I'm sure I did once link him to Gerd Muller, I think he'll end up with a spectacular goal record but get stuck with "just a goalscorer" whilst the likes of mbappe are thrown out in to the GOAT conversation by social media with either lad or bible in their name 

I respect the guy but of the games I've watched of him I've not felt amazed by him. And probably never will.

The partnership he's developing with Gio Reyna at Dortmund has the potential to be something remarkable. I hope that they stick around long enough to develop it—or at least go to the same place (reports suggest Real Madrid is interested in them both).

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I respect the guy but of the games I've watched of him I've not felt amazed by him. And probably never will.

Did you see him cut Northern Ireland to pieces? No one's finished like he does since Adriano or fat Ronaldo. He's got one of the purest finishing techniques I've seen since Gerd Muller or fat Ronaldo. He'll smack a goal into the top corner before the keeper can even angle himself right (I.e. against NI or Romania the other day). Mbappe is quick, dives around and generally feels like he's wasting his career being influenced by Neymar. The one player I'd compare Haaland to is probably Lewandowski, though Haaland is doing it at a much younger age than what Lewandowski did. Haaland has a hattrick at international level, CL and in 3 european leagues before turning 21. Not many players can beat that. 

53 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Did you see him cut Northern Ireland to pieces? No one's finished like he does since Adriano or fat Ronaldo. He's got one of the purest finishing techniques I've seen since Gerd Muller or fat Ronaldo. He'll smack a goal into the top corner before the keeper can even angle himself right (I.e. against NI or Romania the other day). Mbappe is quick, dives around and generally feels like he's wasting his career being influenced by Neymar. The one player I'd compare Haaland to is probably Lewandowski, though Haaland is doing it at a much younger age than what Lewandowski did. Haaland has a hattrick at international level, CL and in 3 european leagues before turning 21. Not many players can beat that. 

Northern Ireland are awful

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

But didn't turn up in Paris

He is 20 years old, cant be expected be brilliant every game. Ronaldo was an average winger at 20, Messi was talented but injury prone at 20, Lewandowski was playing in the Polish 2nd division at 20 and at 20 Harry Kane csme from his 5th failed loan spell. 

Funny part is you bang on about Keinan Davis who is older and will probably get nowhere near Haaland career being a brilliant player 😂

Edited by Zatman

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack Grealish

Different age groups, different positions, different nationalities, different leagues. They both deserve the hype they are getting, Haaland is 5 years younger and a striker is always going to get more hype than a midfielder.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Different age groups, different positions, different nationalities, different leagues. They both deserve the hype they are getting, Haaland is 5 years younger and a striker is always going to get more hype than a midfielder.

Jack is much more naturally gifted.

Haaland is just a very good fox in the box. A better Vardy. He's skillset isn't unique, that's my point. We've seen many players in the same mold of him and we will see many after.

But it's all an opinion game. To me he isn't anything special, but i am only speaking for myself here.

Â