Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

On 21/11/2020 at 22:02, The_Rev said:

Celebrated the golden boy award with four goals today.   Since the opening day of the 2019/20 season he's scored 65 goals in 64 appearances for club and country.  

Sounds overhyped to me! :D 

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

To me Kane has more to his game and is so much more than just being a goalscorer.

Of course he does, he's 27 and in his prime and has been developed in to more than just a scorer

Now take a look at what kane was when he was 20...maybe the biggest late bloomer in English football history, a lot of the shit kane got was fair, he did absolutely **** all until he was about 22

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Of course he does, he's 27 and in his prime and has been developed in to more than just a scorer

Now take a look at what kane was when he was 20...maybe the biggest late bloomer in English football history, a lot of the shit kane got was fair, he did absolutely **** all until he was about 22

I just don't think Haaland have it in his tool kit.

He is incredibly good at finishing and making runs behind the defence. But from i've seen his passing isn't great. That's not his game.

I always use R9 as the bar for strikers when talking about world class. Most complete striker i've ever seen in my lifetime and i don't think we'll ever seen anyone like him again.

Edited by villalad21

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So not as good as the most inform striker in the world right now and not as good as arguably the greatest striker ever... 

👍

Not my point.

For me a world class striker needs to be complete. World class gets throwned around and i think the word has lost it's meaning over the years.

Haaland has his limits, he isn't complete. He can't dribble past players and make his own goals. He isn't a very good header of the ball. He is very dependent on having good players around him and getting the service.

He is good at what he does but he still has a long way to go and loads of things to improve on before i will label him a world class striker.

Edited by villalad21

And on goalscorers I thought I'd heard of one of Gerd Mullers being broken but can't find anything 

Haaland has become the record scorer after 2w bundesliga games with 23 goals overtaking uwe seeler 

Also became the youngest player to score 4 goals in a game

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And on goalscorers I thought I'd heard of one of Gerd Mullers being broken but can't find anything 

Haaland has become the record scorer after 2w bundesliga games with 23 goals overtaking uwe seeler 

Also became the youngest player to score 4 goals in a game

Goalscorers isn't by all and end all.

Nistelrooy was a better goalscorer than Saha and Tevez. But their team imroved after they got rid of him and replaced him with more technical forwards.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, villalad21 said:

Not my point.

For me a world class striker needs to be complete. World class gets throwned around and i think the world has been lost.

Haaland has his limits, he isn't complete. He can't dribble past players and make his own goals. He isn't a very good header of the ball. He is very dependent on having good players around him and getting the service.

He is good at what he does but he still has a long way to go and loads of things to improve on before i will label him a world class striker.

For me it's the best 5 in his position in the world

Name 5 better strikers than him... You wont, he's currently 3rd for me behind kane and lewandowski - classing mbappe as a wide man but even if you class him as a striker Haaland is still on that list 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

For me it's the best 5 in his position in the world

Name 5 better strikers than him... You wont, he's currently 3rd for me behind kane and lewandowski - classing mbappe as a wide man but even if you class him as a striker Haaland is still on that list 

Kane, Lewandowski, Werner, Ronaldo, Aguero, Salah. All strikers i'd take ahead of him as i think all of these players has more to their game. 

But it's all a game of opinions.

Edited by villalad21

6 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Kane, Lewandowski, Werner, Ronaldo, Aguero, Salah. All strikers i'd take ahead of him as i think all of these players has more to their game. 

But it's all a game of opinions.

Werner, Ronaldo or Salah arent strikers. 

What does Aguero do except score goals 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Aguero has done it for a decade.

Will take a long time till Haaland can be in the same conversation.

So what you mean by that is aguero was world class

And that Haaland if he isn't already will be world class

But sure knock a 20 year old who is doing more at his age than any of those other players you named because all he does is score goals

The trolling is too obvious

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So what you mean by that is aguero was world class

And that Haaland if he isn't already will be world class

But sure knock a 20 year old who is doing more at his age than any of those other players you named because all he does is score goals

The trolling is too obvious

Sure he highly rates the forward play of Keinan Davis and thinks he should be a regular starter 

Suppose it kills off the theory he is a Leeds fan 😉

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Aguero has done it for a decade.

Will take a long time till Haaland can be in the same conversation.

Maybe not that long if he carries on the way he is going. Aguero as great as he is as been a let down in the big champions league games. lewandowski is the best around right now whether he will have the amount of career goals Ronaldo has by the time he finishes his career I dont know but he wont be that far behind. 

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I just don't think Haaland have it in his tool kit.

He is incredibly good at finishing and making runs behind the defence. But from i've seen his passing isn't great. That's not his game.

I always use R9 as the bar for strikers when talking about world class. Most complete striker i've ever seen in my lifetime and i don't think we'll ever seen anyone like him again.

I don't think you should be using arguably the greatest strike of all time as the "bar for strikers when talking about world class"

That's like saying a car isn't fast unless it's as vast as a Bugatti Veyron.

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Maybe not that long if he carries on the way he is going. Aguero as great as he is as been a let down in the big champions league games. lewandowski is the best around right now whether he will have the amount of career goals Ronaldo has by the time he finishes his career I dont know but he wont be that far behind. 

Lewandowski has over 500 career goals, Ronaldo scored just over 400 in his career

Â