Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

A lot of those goals from a subpar league though.

Even Bundesliga isn't among the top 3 leagues.

just the 10 Champions League goals last season, I suppose thats a poor tournament as well

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

just the 10 Champions League goals last season, I suppose thats a poor tournament as well

It's one season.

And a lot of teams in CL ain't that great. Think he netted 3 against Genk.

I don't really understand why you are making such a big deal out of my statement though. Never said he is a bad player. I think he is very good at what he does, as is Lukaku. But in terms of being natural gifted they ain't all that great. They are pure goalscorers, but to me the truly greats are more than just that.

Edited by villalad21

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

A lot of those goals from a subpar league though.

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

It's one season.

And a lot of teams in CL ain't that great.

In a couple of years from now, 'it's just the Ballon D'Or, no-one takes it seriously'

On 12/10/2020 at 09:28, Zatman said:

Wikipedia has his career stats at 96 goals in 140 games at 20. Gramted Messi and Ronaldo played a higher level the entire career but probably got to 100 goals around 23 years old

You can't compare age profiles with Messi or Ronaldo.   Messi wasn't used as the main attacking force at Barcelona until they sold Ronaldinho when Messi was 22 and a hundred games into his professional career.   Cristiano was used as a fairly orthodox chalk-on-your-boots winger for about four seasons until Man Utd sold Van Nistelrooy.  

I'm not sure about the higher level thing either.  On the surface level the Premier League and La Liga are clearly higher than a season in Norway and half a season in Austria before getting a move to the Bundusliga but playing for dominant clubs has in their respective leagues has definitely helped Messi and Ronaldo post the stats they did.  Maybe Haaland is getting that now at Dortmund, but he's still doing it where the opposition aren't massively weaker than the team he's playing for.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's won European golden boy

Well deserved.

Considering M'bappé was injured quite a bit and the French season was cut short I'd given it to Haaland too.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Well deserved.

Considering M'bappé was injured quite a bit and the French season was cut short I'd given it to Haaland too.

Mbappe won it about 2 or 3 years ago so I'm glad he hasn't won it again

With that in mind I really don't see where else they good have gone, no one is close to haalands level at that age

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

With that in mind I really don't see where else they good have gone, no one is close to haalands level at that age

Not when it comes to scoring (apart from M'bappé of course but he's a year and a half older) and it's mainly attacking players who wins it.

Some smashing young defenders out there.

Celebrated the golden boy award with four goals today.   Since the opening day of the 2019/20 season he's scored 65 goals in 64 appearances for club and country.  

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Alphonso Davies Champions League win with Bayern Munich nets Vancouver  Whitecaps big bonus | MLSsoccer.com

• Like 2

Â