Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

20 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just sack Smith and we have a fighting chance staying up.

I don't think that is going to happen, I think they will let him takes us down, should that be our fortune.

However, unless he changes his outlook to square pegs in square holes etc.....I would not bank on him taking us back up.

all our big hitters will be gone in a fire sale.

Edited by TRO
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

Have I missed a rule change in the game that makes it impossible to make substitutions before the 65th minute. We seem to have been doing this for years.

No we wait for the 2nd goal

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Will you want him to stay next season if (let's be honest, when) he takes us down?

That depends on how things develop over this season, and how well we recruit over January.

I'm trying to do my best to look at what Smith is developing, the plan he has for how we play football, the players he wants, how he wants them to play.

So many hurdles we have faced as a club, and I'm not crying about it, I'm just trying to maintain a balanced view of what it will take, and why we are where we are.

At this stage I don't think we'll go down, although I don't have much foresight into that.

• Like 1

Nakamba's awareness and decision making is hilariously bad.

If he only took a book our of Kanté's book and learned to minimize the risks pass it on quicker when he gets the ball he would be a so much better player.

1 minute ago, supermon said:

Don't see how anyone can say Smith out is ridiculous. Perfectly rational if anything if you simply watch a game of ours

No Its not.

Quite frankly, I don't know the answer, I am torn......but Dean is not the same man as 15 months ago, not sure what has happened to him.....wonder if he is working under duress or the political warts are not to his liking?