Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

Terrible, hause at the moment cant do anything right, be it unlucky or what ever. Any time in the ball it's either back to mings or to Brighton. Added pressure not required, clip it down the channel for target or el ghazi to fight for rather than negative passing.

Makamba ? Wut ? The ? Funk ?

Show some actual football ability for god sake.

Konsa needs to sharpen up too.

Yet again, only fred tackling and challenging.

He knows he will be out paced by trossard yet doesnt just stand there like a mincer which half our team keep doing, he keeps going.

Target has been invisible, pains me but no better than taylor today, no fight no forward thinking just backwards passing.

Drinkwater has had a  couple lapses, booking being one and caught in possession for another but has improved as the games gone on, slightly.

Would take makamba off hes the opposite of a destroyer hes a nothing today, dont know what his problem is but dont bring that onto the pitch when you wear a shirt with a lion on it.

Either the very inconsistent give a goal away a game doug or even Elmo on the right and move fred into the middle so theres some fight.

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Horrible, just horrible. I have no idea what they do in training all week but it cant be football.

We can't hold on to the ball, we rarely string two passes together and we can't blame that on VAR.

Going by the pictures villa put up on their Twitter feed, they go out to training with about 20 layers on and smile for a picture.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He was clearly a million miles away from being match fit last week. So we played him again.

I don't blame Drinkwater for it, I blame the guy that picks the side. 

I think a players fitness level is very much to do with the player.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Do you trust Deano? I don’t anymore, fwiw. 

I think I'm still on the positive side - he's playing with half a deck at the moment - football management exposes the weaknesses of character - Jose's persecution complex, Wenger's stubborn persistence of attacking midfielders - I think Dean needs to develop a more pragmatic outlook until he has the tools to do the job he wants to do.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Paul Lambert deja vu.

Played some decent stuff under Lambert's first season. Once the pressure mount up they crumble.

We need a big character who knows how to handle the pressure of a big club. Someone like Bielsa or Benitez

Bielsa hahahaha.

I'm confused, We are playing our best attacking midfielder as a winger, we are playing without a striker (cant say we dont have one there are young strikers at this club deserving of a chance).The midfield and defence are not tackling, the defence dont know how to boot the ball up the field, although no one is there to try and hold it if they do

Its as if somebody doesn't care, or somebody is defiant in their attitude, team selection and tactics even if proven every week it doesn't Fkin work

Smith has to go. Bring in some one else. The king is dead - long live the king

Edited by Robtaylor200

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

I have posted extensively why you don't focus on results. If you want to look into this on a deeper level I would suggest absorbing some of the extensive research on this.

Take care of the process, and the results will come, neglect the process out of frustration in a lack of results, and you forego the necessary concentration on each step that leads to.

We're not an overnight fix, I'm afraid. We're in the infancy of a huge turnaround as a club, a near extinction. Give it time to heal, and grow.

This is just a more convoluted way of saying "its okay boys, Deano's got a plan. It'll all pay off eventually".

To which I say, what **** plan and when is it gonna payoff?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've got a once in a generation player and we're not getting him the ball - we've isolated him through our own tactical choices. We're a mess.

It's unbelievable that Smith has decided that the best compromise is to move Grealish out wide to accommodate El Ghazi up front. We would be better off with Elmo at right wing, Trezeguet in the left, El Ghazi up front and Grealish in the middle, where he can get more of the ball. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

Can’t pass to each other.

whats happened from last season? We were controlling possession and at least creating chances.  Now it’s just 10 players that can’t pass 10 yds without putting it astray, over hitting or under hitting it.  It’s diabolical. 

Hause is a walking disaster at the moment. 

Most likely the players don’t get along .. too many nationalities / sects etc . Just look at Brighton  huddled together before kick off, our players all stood alone without even looking /talking to each other . That’s shows on our play .To play well together you have to hang out together, which I don’t see is happening.. Smith is not a strong personality who can control & unite the team , like other managers like Wolves Santo , or even Watford Dean.. we are indeed in big trouble 

• Like 1