Match Thread: Brighton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, meregreen said:

I think a players fitness level is very much to do with the player.

And selection is clearly the job of the manager. 

What in the world is Smith thinking signing and then starting a player who is miles off match fitness. 

And then repeating the mistake 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We've got a once in a generation player and we're not getting him the ball - we've isolated him through our own tactical choices. We're a mess.

We are getting the ball to him but he is receiving it right on the touch line so he has half the space , they block him off and NO ONE is in the middle looking for the ball??

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I dunno, i think dean is just a cheerleader . Fail to believe another manager couldn't get a better performance out of this group.

I really think some of the players are just average and this is exact 11 I would've started

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This is just a more convoluted way of saying "its okay boys, Deano's got a plan. It'll all pay off eventually".

To which I say, what **** plan and when is it gonna payoff?

Yeah whatever the plan was it should of been happening by now, it isnt.

Hause isn't good enough to play in a back three at the moment. Constantly gets us into trouble. 

We've got one player less in forward areas of the pitch. Yet the extra player we have in the backline only gets us into trouble. We don't need his aerial strength in this match. 

Hause and Konza not switching play does my head in. Need to be able to do that when playing in a back 3. 

Hope we that we drop Hause for a winger or a midfielder and go for a back 4 i second half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Powderpuff coach you get a powderpuff team.

Its my worry to be honest.....they say a team mirrors its manager.

He is too affable.....its a nice trait in bits.....but you have be tough and deliberate at times.

• Like 1

Targett and Hause look the worst players for us I'd say. Don't think Drinkwater has been that bad, although the bar is admittedly very low. I thought Reina might've done better on the goal...it was only going one place.

Can only echo all the other comments on Grealish. Smith's insistence on keeping him on the wing may prove to be his ultimate downfall. We have all the hallmarks of a team bereft of confidence as you'd expect...bottom 3, no striker, 6-1 drubbing. If we can somehow fashion a goal I think we'll see a different side.

• Like 1

Are we playing one up front with 2 wingers or an AM with two strikers or 2 AM with 1 striker?

I net it's the two winger, 1 striker, which is exactly what hasn't worked all season, rather than the 2 x AM, 1 x striker that has actually worked a couple of times.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think I'm still on the positive side - he's playing with half a deck at the moment - football management exposes the weaknesses of character - Jose's persecution complex, Wenger's stubborn persistence of attacking midfielders - I think Dean needs to develop a more pragmatic outlook until he has the tools to do the job he wants to do.

Yes, but we’re not seeing that and baring a miracle in this window he won’t have the tools until next season - if we somehow stay up, which looks very shaky to me right now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim said:

And prior to that we were dire against a poor team. It’s been the same story most of the season.

We aren’t improving but getting worse. That’s not an overreaction, it’s a fact!

I think we have won exactly half of our last 4 matches in the PL.

I think we have a semi final in the domestic cup against the 2nd best team in the country, which if you want to focus on results, we are even with so far.