The Royal Family

Genie

Just now, maqroll said:

The best tribute football can do would be to play the games and have a moment of silence whilst the national emotion is running high. 

Minute's silences at football matches stopped being feasible years ago. Too much risk of pissed-up crowds disrespecting them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Why are all these folk gathering at Buckingham Palace

Similar reason some weirdos stroll about fields whacking little balls into holes using metal sticks. Some people are just odd. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The best tribute football can do would be to play the games and have a moment of silence whilst the national emotion is running high. 

I guarantee a number of pricks at every game will ruin it.

While alot of elected officials genuinely think it is all about them and act like piranhas onv3 they get into office, the Queen has always put service first  . She was a decent human being and one of only 2 royals i had any time for. She also had an evil sense of humour which is always a good trait to have 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Minute's silences at football matches stopped being feasible years ago. Too much risk of pissed-up crowds disrespecting them. 

Didn't they manage it a while back for something? I have this memory of them actually managing to do a minute for something in the last couple of years, and thinking how much better it is than applause

4 minutes ago, ccfcman said:

This is the time for progressive nations to become republics (Australia, NZ, Canada).

Park the "Common"wealth nonsense and move forward.

Australia will hold a referendum within the next 5 years on becoming a republic.

Need to time it to give sufficient distance from the death to not appear ‘disrespectful’ but soon enough that the current left wing government are still in charge. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

In what world could you ever describe Australia as “progressive”?

A highly developed nation, complex and mature economy, healthcare and social policies that are mostly citizen centric, a highly educated workforce, centralised pension plans. I mean, I can go on, it is objectively a progressive nation irrespective of routinely electing the likes of Scott Morrison and Gladys Berejiklian.

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The Toonie wouldn't be the same without her!

And the loonie! Maybe we could put a Trudeau on them :D 

Edited by ccfcman
  • Like 2

Â