Tom13

20 minutes ago, TRO said:

some players deserve time, he does.

What’s he done to deserve time?  

I think due to the fact he is 16 we won’t see him in the first team squad for a few years unless he is really special. Maybe we’ll see him in next seasons carabao cup. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What’s he done to deserve time?  

I think due to the fact he is 16 we won’t see him in the first team squad for a few years unless he is really special. Maybe we’ll see him in next seasons carabao cup. 

Age.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he is that good can he be thrown straight in to first time squad? I mean Rooney was 16 when he hit the scene. Elliot is too. 

Rooney was virtually built like a man at 16.  Barry would have to be exceptionally talented to be ready for the squad straight away.

• Like 2

The initial reports said that he was going to be training with the first team squad, with a possibility of him making his debut before the end of the season, people were joking about him starting today, but if he'd have signed in time, it wouldn't have surprised me to see him involved given how short we are in attacking areas.

I wouldn't take much notice of the spurs link. He is 16 now so would have to wait at least 12yrs before getting a shot at the first team under José 🤣

We need to lower our expectations on this kid a bit. I do wonder whether the club have gone quiet on this to try and dampen expectations. He is a young kid. He will take time to develop. He may never get there at all. Whatever, he needs to be given the opportunity in a pressure free environment. Let’s not VT him with a massive build up and then an absolute kicking when he fails to score 10 goals in his first u23 match.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we can get him signed today, do we have time to register before the Watford game tomorrow?

Trevor Francis and Gary Shaw was rare.....16/17 year old kids don't do that anymore......the game is so much more physical.

• Like 3

Â