Tom13

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This lad is so young Jack Grealish was probably his favourite player "growing up".

He was 11 when we beat Liverpool at Wembley in the FA Cup semi.

He was 7 when MON walked out.

He was 5 when Gareth Barry left Villa for Man City.

I think I need a lie down.

This post hurt. There's even a chance he didn't live when GT was our manager the 2nd time. Don't know his birthday. But I'm old. I can feel it now.

I like these kind of signings. Young with potential, just like in @rjw63's films.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Apparently the Albion are fuming and trying to stop this deal happening, they're making dark suggestions that he's used Barcelona to avoid a tribunal set fee and we're stealing him on the cheap. If this goes through, I should address their claims by stating that I simply do not care. 

I love the logic that newly promoted Villa created a bidding war between PSG and Barcelona for a youth team player. Tinfoil hats time 

• Like 2

Don't see this happening myself. - I would think any move would wait until the summer. Potentially he is going from Barca to maybe a championship club next season.

Let's not forget how we wept over Dan Crowley - who seems to have been in the backwaters ever since. £3m is ridiculous money for a 16 year old - 16 is just to young to make a judgement.

Sure we might get that fee back 10x over - but the most pressing prize is £150m TV money we loose should we get relegated

Sounds like a massive coup if we can pull this off. The lack of youth coming through the system has been a massive issue since Lerner started his cutbacks and I'm glad the new regime has recognised this and is starting to address it.

As for Louie, just because we have pressing short term needs, doesn't mean we should ignore the long term future. Sounds like a very exciting prospect indeed.

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

£3m is ridiculous money for a 16 year old - 16 is just to young to make a judgement.

Yes, but the initial fee is 700k rising to £3after add-ons. If the fee reaches that amount then surely it means Louie has made X amount of senior appearances or scored X amount of goals or has represented England at U/21 level or similar, in which case surely Louie has started to make it as a senior player thus justifying the increased fee.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, hippo said:

Don't see this happening myself. - I would think any move would wait until the summer. Potentially he is going from Barca to maybe a championship club next season.

Let's not forget how we wept over Dan Crowley - who seems to have been in the backwaters ever since. £3m is ridiculous money for a 16 year old - 16 is just to young to make a judgement.

Sure we might get that fee back 10x over - but the most pressing prize is £150m TV money we loose should we get relegated

I think it will happen this window.

If you read the reports, he hasn’t settled in Barcelona and it’s rumoured they have gone back on promises from when he signed. He’s from the area, family are Villa fans and most importantly worked with our academy director when at albion. So even if we do go down, it’s still a good move for the lad.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Absolutely worth a mention in the 'worst value Villa signings' discussion. Nearly a million quid on a youth team player who never played a minute of senior football, at a time when we were under huge FFP scrutiny. Just outrageous stuff.

It was £500k if I remember correctly. 5 weeks wages for JT. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think it will happen this window.

If you read the reports, he hasn’t settled in Barcelona and it’s rumoured they have gone back on promises from when he signed. He’s from the area, family are Villa fans and most importantly worked with our academy director when at albion. So even if we do go down, it’s still a good move for the lad.

And imagine the prospect of training and hopefully playing for the club you love and with a player you probably adore in Grealish. Whilst living at home at 16. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Â