Tom13

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not now

use Bellingham at blues as a different example, their grealish, been with them since he was 8 I think, not signed pro terms, someone could take him from them and pay maybe £1.5 rising depending on his career but lets say £5m tops for him, he signs pro terms and he's a £20m player, you then raise the questions over him playing every week for blues vs disappearing for 3/4 years in city's youth set up but earning £10k a week more at 16

im surprised no one has taken him if im honest

That’s a long sentence but their academy will churn out more gems after him too. If they lose him, they’ll get a good fee 

But they won't 

And its not just the fact that they get a fee, it effectively means every under 16 year old has a buy out clause so the clubs that develop them are powerless to stop them leaving 

We dictate grealishs price if we decide he even has one, 6 years ago if man City saw his potential he would have left us for maybe £100,000

Who followed izzy brown off baggies production line? No one, clubs aren't just churning youth prospects out 

Edited by villa4europe

We ourselves lost Kane Taylor, August last year to Man CIty, meant to be one of the most promising youngsters in the country, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, and obviously Man CIty all wanted him, but we only got £129,000 in compensation when he left. Nothing we can do about it, and I'm sure we've done it to other clubs ourselves.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, useless said:

We ourselves lost Kane Taylor, August last year to Man CIty, meant to be one of the most promising youngsters in the country, Liverpool, Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, and obviously Man CIty all wanted him, but we only got £129,000 in compensation when he left. Nothing we can do about it, and I'm sure we've done it to other clubs ourselves.

We had a big fall out with Brighton over Gareth Barry all those years ago. 

6 hours ago, lexicon said:

Must.... drain... positive vibes.... gahhhhhhh

On a more serious note, you do know that sound and accurate judgements are made on much younger players than that? 

Nothing against the player himself - I hadn't heard of him before yesterday - I just don't think he will join us this window. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Nothing against the player himself - I hadn't heard of him before yesterday - I just don't think he will join us this window. 

By the sound of it then its nearly a done deal

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Sour grapes. They sold him to Barca, we are buying him from Barca. Deal with it with grace. It happens to us all.

I don’t think pinching their academy director went down to well either. Especially as he is almost certainly a big influence on this signing, if it happens. 

• Like 2

As if a club like Barcelona would allow themselves to be used like that so we can sign a player from Albion. It wasn't only Barcelona that wanted him either, he had a medical at Paris Saint-Germain as well. Pretty sure we're not in a position where we can manipulate those kind of teams into signing a player from a championship club, just so we can then sign that same player off them a couple of months down the line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

We are buying this kid from Barcelona, so surely there can't be any grounds for them to take legal action against us. 

There issue (if they have one) is with Barca not us. 

That story was printed by James Nursey so it's most likely to be made up. But some of their fans seem to think we instigated the whole thing from the start, and he only joined Barcelona so we could get him on the cheap. Like I say it's ludicrous to think we could manipulate a club like Barcelona into a deal like that.

I'm probably been stupid now, but regarding these conspiracy theories, why would we have had to pay more than Barcelona had we wanted him in the first place?

Â