Tom13

To be honest from the videos I have seen of him, he looks good but very very one footed.

Looked a little lightweight and also looked like he still needs to develop ability wise.

Personally I'm not expecting anything from him immediately if we do sign him.

Looks like a talent, but whether he fulfills it who knows.

Edited by MaVilla

40 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

If we can get him signed today, do we have time to register before the Watford game tomorrow?

if we get him signed today would we even register him before the Watford game tomorrow?

I would expect a meltdown if we didn't but throwing a fresh faced 16 year old in to a game of that magnitude is slightly daft, he could get eaten alive and not just by the Watford CBs

Most players are one footed, I never understand that criticism.. People are excited by his arrival because he's one of the most highly rated youngsters of his age in this country, you could say Europe considering he went to Barcelona and had a medical at Paris Saint-Germain, when he left Albion all the top teams in wanted him. Doesn't mean to say people are expecting him to come straight into the first team squad, just good to have a player that highly rated coming through the ranks... That's if he eventually signs.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

To be honest from the videos I have seen of him, he looks good but very very one footed.

Looked a little lightweight and also looked like he still needs to develop ability wise.

Doesn’t matter if he’s one footed if he’s good enough. Arjen Robben was incredible one footed. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

That's highly generous of you to not expect anything immediately from a 16 year old player 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's highly generous of you to not expect anything immediately from a 16 year old player 

I was just stating that as some seem to expect him to hit the ground running, was just being realistic.

Calm down bro.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I was just stating that as some seem to expect him to hit the ground running, was just being realistic.

Calm down bro.

Well... they're insane tbf. I wasn't really having a go, just being a bit sarcastic. It's kind of ridiculous that you felt you needed to even say that IMO and that's not a slight on your character. 

Completely agree on dampening down expectations. It would be deeply unfair - cruel, even - to expect him to play at all for the first team this season, let alone dig us out of trouble. Great if he proves he can handle a minute or two here or there, but if not no problem.

The kid hasn't even done his GCSE's yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Trevor Francis and Gary Shaw was rare.....16/17 year old kids don't do that anymore......the game is so much more physical.

You’re quite right TRO, I was getting carried away with it. Just thinking that it could be an opportunity to field a young, talented player but the damage it could do to his confidence might not be worth it.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Trevor Francis and Gary Shaw was rare.....16/17 year old kids don't do that anymore......the game is so much more physical.

I actually think more 16/17 year olds are breaking in around the 1st teams now at top level. Most kids coming through are from the new generation of kids coached by UEFA A and B licenced coaches,(even at grass roots) and of a higher quality physically and technically than in the 70's and 80's when it truly was a mans game. I think you are completely wrong tbh. Kids are so much physically bigger now due to GM foods and Diets, training, awareness  etc. I actually think that squads are also in general becoming younger due to the physical pace of the game. Kids are far more athletic in this era and the pool  to choose is far greater. 

It really isn't down to the 70 and 80's producing better, more that the spectrum for choice is now stretched much further afield.

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I actually think more 16/17 year olds are breaking in around the 1st teams now at top level. Most kids coming through are from the new generation of kids coached by UEFA A and B licenced coaches,(even at grass roots) and of a higher quality physically and technically than in the 70's and 80's when it truly was a mans game. I think you are completely wrong tbh. Kids are so much physically bigger now due to GM foods and Diets, training, awareness  etc. I actually think that squads are also in general becoming younger due to the physical pace of the game. Kids are far more athletic in this era and the pool  to choose is far greater. 

It really isn't down to the 70 and 80's producing better, more that the spectrum for choice is now stretched much further afield.

Is that worse than being just wrong.

I actually think your wrong too.

I have to say, I can't think of any, that was having the impact the 2 aforementioned players I made.

Yes they are all more athletic,today , but the league itself is far more physical than back in the 70's and the space is not there now and the contact is fierce.....sure the yellow cards has stopped the vicious tackles of the 70's, but the close contact of today is demanding....the game back then they had so much space....and of course the pitches, the boots and the pace is so much quicker to add to the physicality.

can't honestly think of any 16 year olds pulling up tree's......maybe Jude Bellingham, but not  in comparison to Shaw or Francis.....Mason Greenwood maybe but he is 18.

We seen what happened when the best team in the world's academy team played us.....Now they have some great potential......but the gulf was massive.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is that worse than being just wrong.

I actually think your wrong too.

I have to say, I can't think of any, that was having the impact the 2 aforementioned players I made.

Yes they are all more athletic,today , but the league itself is far more physical than back in the 70's and the space is not there now and the contact is fierce.....sure the yellow cards has stopped the vicious tackles of the 70's, but the close contact of today is demanding....the game back then they had so much space....and of course the pitches, the boots and the pace is so much quicker to add to the physicality.

can't honestly think of any 16 year olds pulling up tree's......maybe Jude Bellingham, but not  in comparison to Shaw or Francis.....Mason Greenwood maybe but he is 18.

We seen what happened when the best team in the world's academy team played us.....Now they have some great potential......but the gulf was massive.

I think there is a slight wire cross here. Or I misread your initial post somehow. 

I agree the league is more difficult however imo the reason you aren't necessarily seeing the likes of Shaw or Francis etc is because the pool of players to choose from is much, much larger than it was back then. The kids are still there and of a much higher level than in the 70's and 80's imo. It doesn't mean that there isn't the talent to replicate what the lies of Shaw or Francis did just that the level has gone up in the 1st teams.... I've probably ended up agreeing here in some form lol. 

5 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

GM foods? Not in Europe... Just better nutrition tbh. 

9 hours ago, useless said:

Most players are one footed, I never understand that criticism.. People are excited by his arrival because he's one of the most highly rated youngsters of his age in this country, you could say Europe considering he went to Barcelona and had a medical at Paris Saint-Germain, when he left Albion all the top teams in wanted him. Doesn't mean to say people are expecting him to come straight into the first team squad, just good to have a player that highly rated coming through the ranks... That's if he eventually signs.

Have we got another Jack?

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I think there is a slight wire cross here. Or I misread your initial post somehow. 

I agree the league is more difficult however imo the reason you aren't necessarily seeing the likes of Shaw or Francis etc is because the pool of players to choose from is much, much larger than it was back then. The kids are still there and of a much higher level than in the 70's and 80's imo. It doesn't mean that there isn't the talent to replicate what the lies of Shaw or Francis did just that the level has gone up in the 1st teams.... I've probably ended up agreeing here in some form lol. 

Its contagious...just kidding.

we all have one thing in common. AVFC...but debate is healthy.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Dale said:

GM foods? Not in Europe... Just better nutrition tbh. 

Many of the kids in Academy's now aren't from Europe. Many of the players aren't either especially at the higher end. I agree with the nutrition though hence why I mentioned diet in general.

Anyway has he signed for Spurs yet? 

Â