Tom13

3 hours ago, sne said:

He's guarantied to be let go with a buy back clause or a first refusal one.

That's standard Barcelona business that they always do when letting young players go.

Don’t really get that, we can just sell him to someone else like we did with Adama Traorè...

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he was good, I was surprised when we let him go 

he's absolutely pony mate!!! I don't think he's even played first team game for Scunthorpe either.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, Hobbit Feet said:

Don’t really get that, we can just sell him to someone else like we did with Adama Traorè...

Barca didn't want him back at that point. It doesn't mean they have to buy him.

• Like 1

Well Barcelona signed him and didn't want him to leave, Paris Saint-Germain also wanted to sign him and he had a medical with them, if reports today are true then Manchester United and LIverpool also want him from Barcelona, with those kind of clubs interested it must say something about his potential. I'm guessing if he joins us over the other options it will because of him being a Villa fan, the Mark Harrison connection and will probably feel he has a better chance of breaking into our first team squad.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

You thought he was pony for Villa? Why?

Just really not good enough mate, just not for me. 

Hence why he was released.

Anyway...  this is the Louie Barry thread Sir! G!!! ;)

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Interested to know your thoughts on Louie Barry mate? 

Never seen him play mate :) Just know from good friends he is an absolute talent.

I'm a first team scout mate so never got round to watching any  under 16's games whilst he was at Albion.

My role at Crewe (7 months i was there before went Tranmere) was finding talented kids at trials etc, schools (Age 6 to 16) i never got watch under 16 games as wasn't in my remit.

I watch a lot of u23 games for Tranmere. Been to few Wolves, West Brom, Leicester & Derby u23 games since started in early November and to number of League 2 fixtures.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ellebonnie said:

Went to watch England under 17,s at Solihull Moors a couple of months back and he was definitely stand out.

Seemed a great down to earth kid and loads of time for all the young kids after match and gave my boy one of his boots, hopefully a good omen 👍

A988CFFF-2B08-46A5-8246-742DEA5CA840.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Risso said:

Which one is he?

It ain't difficult to figure out that Louie Barry is the lad on the far right, you can even see in the picture that he is about to give his boot away 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've never seen him play, but I've heard people in the game talk about him and by reputation he's got massive potential. This could be a brilliant deal.

Apparently the Albion are fuming and trying to stop this deal happening, they're making dark suggestions that he's used Barcelona to avoid a tribunal set fee and we're stealing him on the cheap. If this goes through, I should address their claims by stating that I simply do not care. 

Golden thread: http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=23457.150

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â