Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

Dyche gave a glowing endorsement when he left Burnley.

We need this to have on-loan Mings like impact please.

Don't even think he'll start will he? Slots in neck and neck with Hourihane in the pecking order? Possibly in to replace Marvelous.

Positive me: Great news, 30m PL winning player signing on a no risk loan! Unbelievable deal.

Negative me: Oh no, another Ross MacCormack..Terrible deal, what is Smith thinking?!

I’m going with the middle ground for now.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1

not a fan, especially if the rumours of him still celebrating the league title is true, hope we're not covering his wages, we need a body, we need a leader and a bit of experience, someone to get hold of nakamba in particular 

you'd like to think its last chance saloon for him, another failed loan and he's got nowhere left to go (other than the Chelsea wages office and the pub) so he'll see it for the opportunity that it is for him

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Then why did he allow him to leave?

Hopefully not because he's crap. Probably paying him 100k a week. According to this, we won't be.

"He just hasn’t had the pitch-time,” said Burnley manager Sean Dyche, confirming that Drinkwater will return to Chelsea when his loan deal expires on Monday.

“Obviously there was a moment in between when we had injuries where he probably would have played, but these things happen in football.”

“He’s been a credit to himself with the way his professionalism has been, other than the incident,”

“The way he’s recovered from that, the way he’s looked after himself, he’s tried to be part of the group.

“We just haven’t got him as much game-time as what he wanted, and what he needs as well.

“But I like him a lot, I like him as a player and a character and I wish him well.

“The incident was unfortunate, it cost us a lot more time than we thought – us and him, of course – and in that time we got reasonably good value from the team with points on the board.”

• Like 1

Once match fit he'll start, he'll be our best midfielder until McGinn comes back. I don't anthing about all this talk of his life outside the game as I don't read the gossip pages, but if he comes and concentrates on his football will be one of our best players between now and the end of the season.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

"He just hasn’t had the pitch-time,” said Burnley manager Sean Dyche, confirming that Drinkwater will return to Chelsea when his loan deal expires on Monday.

“Obviously there was a moment in between when we had injuries where he probably would have played, but these things happen in football.”

“He’s been a credit to himself with the way his professionalism has been, other than the incident,”

“The way he’s recovered from that, the way he’s looked after himself, he’s tried to be part of the group.

What 'incident'?

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

• £110.000/w salary that Chelsea demand be paid in full (according to them)
  • Not played regularly since he moved to Chelsea after the 16/17 season. 
  • A total of 25 games played since the summer of 2017
  • 149 minutes of football this season
  • Turning 30 in 2 months and been injured or unfit a lot this season
  • Huge questions about his attitude after fights in nightclubs and drunk driving. Last year that is.
  • Been released by one of our relegation rivals for some reason.

The drunk driving alone is enough for me to not want him anywhere near our club. Me heart just sunk when I read we were actually doing this.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Elton said:

Positive me: Great news, 30m PL winning player signing on a no risk loan! Unbelievable deal.

Negative me: Oh no, another Ross MacCormack..Terrible deal, what is Smith thinking?!

I’m going with the middle ground for now.

My thoughts exactly!  

I’m going to see what he does on the pitch because he used to be a great player but we all knows his recent times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What 'incident'?

Went and got pissed on a night out. Got in a scrap and managed to injure his ankle.

I can't believe this move is happening. Seems so different from where we've been.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â