Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

11 minutes ago, floody555 said:

I find it hard to believe that Milan would let Piatek go as he scored 22 league goals last season along with 8 in the cup, plus they only signed last Jan for 35m euros

Off form there and they just signed Zlaten so likely want to loan Piatek to cover the  wages Zlaten is getting

22 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He will be earning  a lot more here on loan  than Jack Grealish. more than likely double what Jack gets

Doubt that will go down too well

jack is on 100k pw

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Bearing in mind we wouldn't be doing this deal if John McGinn didn't get injured, so looks like a quick fix replacement for a few months.

Hopefully this means that we are focusing our efforts, and budget, on 2 strikers and at least 1 winger.

that's a fair point. This is an unplanned signing for short term assistance. 

• Like 1

Very disappointed we're using one of our loan options on him.

Said before I don't believe he's massively interested in football anymore so he simply has to prove that wrong.

Get Cleverley/Sidwell vibes about him. Bar 4/5 games both were massive disappointments for us.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Went and got pissed on a night out. Got in a scrap and managed to injure his ankle.

I can't believe this move is happening. Seems so different from where we've been.

He also got done for drink driving in a seperate incident.

Seems he had these issues at Leicester aswell but was playing week in week out so less "free" time he's had at Chelsea.

My opinion is that he dosen't really care much about football now given he's coming up to 30 and Chelsea move really set him up for life so I remain sceptical.

It's going to take him ages to get up to match speed aswell given he hasn't really played regularly since 2016 so that's another red flag to me.

Edit: I really don't understand it either if we're paying his wages in full. Burnley certainly weren't so don't understand how we keep on getting stung in loan deals.

He's also had injuries in last few years so risk of another Jenas.

Edited by VillaChris

Never rated him at Leicester, played a few simple balls over the top that Vardy made the most of.

Below average player, don't really know what he does on the pitch. We need a winger/striker/keeper not another CM, guessing we buy him and stick Jack back on the left wing.

Very disappointing signing. I really thought we would pull out all the stops to sign quality players to stay up but this smacks of desperation. He couldn't get in Burnley's team in a midfield that contains Ashley Westwood, who was not good enough for us in the Championship.

No doubt I'll get labelled negative etc but I think we're going down with signings like these. Time will tell if I'm right I suppose. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Edit: I really don't understand it either if we're paying his wages in full. Burnley certainly weren't so don't understand how we keep on getting stung in loan deals.

we're not. Not sure how much but definitely not in full. ( see tweets from journo up the thread ) Still might be 50 or 60% of it though. 

I can't abide drink-drivers so that's a big black mark against him for me, aside from fitness concerns, but we'll just have to hope he is sincere about getting back on track. This is a product of circumstance, making do, rather than actively pursuing him. 

5 premier league starts since August 2017 so not really sure you can base 15-16 as a credible guide anymore.

It's like Sidwell being excellent for Reading in 06-07 then moved to Chelsea and bench warmed for a year and he simply lost that edge when we got him. Drinkwater played even less so I'd be very surprised if he makes a decent impact for us given his playing style aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

We need bodies. He's got Premier League experience. It's a loan (probably with a view to buy if we survive). He'll be better than Lansbury. Get it done and move onto the next.

Lansbury ain't a great guide. He needs to be better than Hourihane and one of Marvelous/Luiz and I'm not convinced even though all three have their flaws at this level.

I'm more bothered about this preventing a loan for Giroud or Batshuayi than this move itself, which is relatively low risk (unless you are a pedestrian walking home at night), but then we must have other striker targets.

Edited by fightoffyour

Â