Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

1 minute ago, Villan4Life said:

We will be paying in full his £110k a week wages

He will be earning  a lot more here on loan  than Jack Grealish. more than likely double what Jack gets

Doubt that will go down too well

We won't be paying his wages in full.

Villa are not paying Drinkwater’s full £110,000-a-week Chelsea wages after the Blues dropped their initial demands to get a deal done for the player they signed for £35 million in 2017.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/01/07/aston-villa-sign-danny-drinkwater-loan-rest-season/

• Like 1

Holy shit I can't believe this signing especially if paying huge wages. Bananas panic mode. Love him to prove me wrong but.

EDIT ok so not full wages. Last chance saloon for the player. Hope he makes most of it

Edited by Kiwivillan

By all accounts he was as fit and professional as possible at Burnley but wasn't given an opportunity to play.

He's missed 2~ seasons of action but a certain Mr. Mings missed 4 before slotting in and looking a class above certain underperforming players. Here's hoping Drinkwater, if he signs, can emulate the form that helped carry Leicester to a Premier League title.

I doubt we'll be paying his wages in full as we're helping Chelsea move him on by putting him in the shop window.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Went and got pissed on a night out. Got in a scrap and managed to injure his ankle.

I can't believe this move is happening. Seems so different from where we've been.

I think the club has woken up to the fact that a lot of the signings we made in the Summer haven't been up to scratch and are now panicking. 
Where we are now is 17th and as close to a 1-man team you could possibly find. 

We need to do everything we can to stay up. I don't like Drinkwater but I hate to say it, we are desperate. I welcome this move with open arms even if it doesn't work out.

We're trying. 

He has barely played over 500 minutes of league football since signing for Chelsea what 3 seasons ago?? I generally trust the club, so hopefully they know what they are doing. On face value though, this reeks of desperation!

Ok understand his recent times so stretching here but the kind of player we need in midfield is the role Drinkwater did when playing for Leicester, so if there is any hope of that is could be an inspired signing 

positives

positives

positives

People make mistakes.

Its seems like he has made a couple of big ones....

The move to Chelsea stalled his career

The incident has tarred his reputation (I do not condone drink driving and I hope he understands the seriousness of the offence?).

But life goes on and people get over mistakes by keeping going and eventually being given a chance to prove they have leant from their mistakes.

I hope the move to Villa is Danny's chance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

So I guess this rules out Batshuayi and Giroud. 
I'd take Glen Murray and Piatek as the striking options. 

I find it hard to believe that Milan would let Piatek go as he scored 22 league goals last season along with 8 in the cup, plus they only signed last Jan for 35m euros

1 minute ago, AV82 said:

I recall Drinkwater would make delightful long passes into Vardy & Mahrez. Do we have the runners to capitalise on this?

Glenn Murray might be incoming so, no.

Â