Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

17 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

ENcRaATWkAASaSS.jpg

Pretty much what I chose (& expected) apart from Nakamba starting (I had Ramsey) who may still get a bit of game time from the bench.

Although Fulham have rested the obvious two in Cairney and Mitrovic it still looks a decent side on paper and it will be a good test and should be a good game with a few goals. (Get backing 0-0 now 😉).

I don't think it matters personally that we've gone back to what looks a 4-3-3, it will be a much different side against Leicester and I would be amazed if we didn't return to 3 at the back for that game given the performance against Burnley, our result and performance against Leicester in the league and the way Leicester themselves set up - at least it leaves them guessing on our formation and we can become less predictable.

I hope to see some improved performances from the likes of Jota, El Ghazi and Kodge! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Don't know why some people are upset.

It's kind of like Robbie Savage saying "I was hammered on Twitter..." each and every week on 5Live. People are irrational, and social media plays to this irrationality. It is to be expected. Like the inevitable 'X is the worst player I've ever seen' in the first 5 minutes of every match thread.

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I agree, should have stuck with 3 at the back....

Maybe Smith wants to rest Konsa, Mings and Hause for the Leicester match (which looks very likely) and feels that Chester and Engels are better suited to playing in a back 4.  

Also Fulham are set up as a 4-3-3 therefore you would hope that the 2 centre halves can look after Cavaleiro whereas at Burnley we had 3 covering both Wood and Barnes. No brainer for me (if we are resting players).

would like us to win but wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't. honestly the FA cup in all its glory should definitely play second fiddle to the prem survival campaign at hand. good to see Chester starting.

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Disappointing we don't give the youth a chance.

Maybe they are just not quite ready yet.

Maybe Smith wants to bed them in gently.

There's a few around the first team squad now and that can only do them good in the long run.

Have a little patience and trust the manager will know a lot more about our youth players than any of us!