Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

---------------------------Nyland--------------------------

------------Konsa-----Mings------Hause------------

Elmo-------Hourihane-----Lansbury-----Taylor

-------------Jota--------------------El Ghazi-------------

--------------------------Kodjia------------------------------

Subs Kalinic, Engels, Guilbert, Nakamba, Luiz, Grealish, Trezeguet

Which just leaves Chester as fit and not selected.

That's a horrible line up.

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Getting tricky to pick a full bench at the moment - a few missing for this one, a possible chance for Kodjia to start - do you play the strongest eleven we have or write this off?

I'm a huge advocate for the cups and always said we should go as near strong as possible, but it really doesn't make sense to me to risk pretty much any of the players that started to day in this.

We are also really far in the league cup, so pretty unlikely we're going to, or really want to go all the way in the FA cup. Imagine Mings being injured here, and out til April. Would go near as weak as possible for me, I'm sad to say.

Go strong in the Leicester tie.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just play the under 23's and forget about the FA cup. Can't afford to lose any more first team players. We also have more pressing matters than the FA Cup.

yes but it would be a good opportunity to play the 3-4-3 again we have 2 really tough games after this 

I'd say it's a good opportunity for these senior players; Kalinic, Chester, Jota and Lansbury - beyond those, Hourihane and Elmo could probably do with the game time.

Beyond that, it's kids that might struggle or seniors that would be a risk.

• Like 3

Fulham will probably play their reserves and I think we should too, more or less, with those that haven’t had many matches recently getting a run out. We also should stick with a back 3. Shouldn’t risk Jack, Mings  and some others, especially our other starting midfielders.

Nyland

Taylor  Konsa Engels Chester Elmo

Lansbury Hourihane

El Ghazi                            Pick an U23 

Davis (if fit, if not Kodjia/u23)

• Like 2

struggling to get excited about this one.

whilst i always want to see Villa win i think its a distraction we can do with out, priority is to stay up

i won't be too upset if we are not in the hat for the next round !!!!

`We have to play a reserve/yoof side for this one. Top priority is premier league survival. Second priority is the league cup semi final. The third by some distance is this match. Sorry for the traditionalists but we  are not in a position to stretch our squad for 3 tournaments in one month.

I think we need to be very cautious who we play here, as we can’t afford anymore injuries to key players. Can we recall Green for instance? I very much doubt Fulham will play a regular first team.  I would go something like:

Kalinic 

Elmo    Chester   Suliman     Bridge

Hourihane

Lansbury             Ramsey

Jota           Kodjia              Green

I’ve got no idea who else we play consider from the Under 23’s? Archer, Revan?  If Davis is available I suppose it would be god for him to play some part.  

Edit - Hadn’t realised Green had been recalled and immediately loaned out to Charlton.  Perhaps AEG or Trez on the left then.

Edited by ferguson1

this is one of those 1% of occasions I'm happy for us to put out a B team. We have a cup semi final to prepare for instead. 

Predicted side: Nyland, Elmo, Konsa, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Nakamba, Hourihane, Trezeguet, Jota, Davis. - A 4-5-1 formation. 

Subs: Kalinic, Hause, El ghazi, Luiz, Kodja, kids.

I'd like to rest more players but not sure if we can / unsure who's available.

Edited by Rodders

44 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I think we need to be very cautious who we play here, as we can’t afford anymore injuries to key players. Can we recall Green for instance? I very much doubt Fulham will play a regular first team.  I would go something like:

Kalinic 

Elmo    Chester   Suliman     Bridge

Hourihane

Lansbury             Ramsey

Jota           Kodjia              Green

I’ve got no idea who else we play consider from the Under 23’s? Archer, Revan?  If Davis is available I suppose it would be god for him to play some part.  

Green's gone to Charlton.

Would rest mings for this.

I get the impression he may have come back at Barnsley slightly before he was 100% ready to help with the fight.

I also assume Engels is still ill?

On that basis would go:

Kalinic

Konsa   Chester   Hause

Elmo   Lansbury   Hourihane   Taylor

El Ghazi   Jota

Kodjia

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3