Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Any ideas as to who travelled with the squad?.. 

Weakened squad or full Liverpool? 

Reports are that only two of the U23's travelled, Ramsey and Wright - so it should be the cup/second side mostly. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Reports are that only two of the U23's travelled, Ramsey and Wright - so it should be the cup/second side mostly. 

Thanks, That 5/2 on offer now sounds very appealing!

On 02/01/2020 at 20:45, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd rest Mings, use Davis then stick with the same side from last match. 

No point giving up. You play football to win trophies.  

What signals would it send to the squad if you basically deny them the chance to win a final. 

You're with stupid here. Thought I was commenting on the Leicester match. Apologies @MaVilla

We all know how winning breeds confidence and it would be a great boost going into the Leicester match on the back of consecutive wins.

The severe injuries to Wes and Heaton have been extremely tough to take but I don't think it should deter us from competing in this one and aiming to progress into the next round, though I admit it is the last of our three priorities given the late stage we have reached in the Carabao Cup.

Difficult to select a squad today without knowing the fitness of certain players but I trust Smith, Terry and co to get the right balance for this and Wednesday nights game at the King Power. 

I think Wednesdays semi final team needs to be stronger than today and once we get past that we can reassess fitness of the players for Man City - which is going to be an extremely tough task regardless of who starts.

Dependant on fitness and any potential new signings, my team for Leicester would be (3-4-3) Nyland, Konsa, Mings, Hause, Guilbert, Luiz, Nakamba, Targett, Trezeguet, Davis, Grealish therefore today I would go 

(4-2-3-1) Nyland, Elmo, Engels, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Hourihane, Jota, Ramsey, El Ghazi, Kodjia.

I think Nyland needs to start today and hopefully he can continue where he left off against Liverpool, Mings and Grealish should be nowhere near the squad and possibly Kodjia & Davis could be swapped around. I'd like to see the likes of Archer, Sulliman, Vassilev and Wright on the bench too.

1-2 villa (Hourihane, Kodjia)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Any snippets of how Fulham are likely to turnout given there promotion push?

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Balls, just realised we're not a 12:30 kick off. No wonder I couldn't find team news.

We are live on eir sport in Ireland, Dose that require subscription or would just a VPN work in England? 

Hopefully we will stick to 5-3-2 and rest most of the starting players. I would much rather we had a tilt at Leicester in the CC (especially as it’s my home City!)

The boys have worked hard over Christmas and we definitely don’t want any more front line injuries, or any injuries at all!

I think Fulham will also make big changes so calling this will be difficult! Hopefully we can sneak through to the next round but I will not be overly bothered if we lose a close fought match.

57 minutes ago, Kingman said:

We are live on eir sport in Ireland, Dose that require subscription or would just a VPN work in England? 

I'm in Ireland and the game isn't showing up on my TV guide. Eir is showing the Brighton Wednesday game. Unless the games on the red button.