Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/19 at 23:59

Heaton motm because not because he's been particularly good but the outfielders have been dreadful.

We need a new striker, Wesley is killing us, the team just don't trust him and it shows.

Also we've put in some shocking challenges today.

• Like 1

Really poor team performance, I really thought they would raise there game today, it's late here and I'm going to bed doubt I will getnto sleep in the next hour though.

MOTM.......nah don't think I will bother, as for managers performance!!

Good night UTV

Leicester were simply the better team on the day. No complaints there.

The issue I have is how predictable the game was. Clearly Smith has one way of playing - attack - and today it was our Achilles heel. The naivety to charge forward and allow Leicester to counter attack so often was just unbelievable. We should have shown more respect to the threat Vardy offered because he had a field day today, we played right into their hands.

Heaton great as usual but possibly shouldn't have been beaten at his near post for the second goal. Back line were not able to cope with Leicester's front line and it didn't help having the injuries as well.

Midfield could not compete at all with Leicester, all of them to a man were beaten on the pitch.

Grealish looked isolated out wide but even when he moved more centrally he couldn't control the game. Wingers were up against it today and couldn't really get into the game.

Wesley is Scott Hogan in disguise, I'm absolutely convinced of it. He is completely useless in this side, and why we signed him I have no idea. He's a square peg in a round hole.

The rot is setting in right before our biggest games of the season over Christmas. I won't lose faith in us just yet but it won't be long before I'm resigned to relegation.

Pathetic performance, once again we roll over against a team in the top half.

Smith is so naive, sticks with the same hung ho all out attack and this will see us relegated as he never learns or changes things up. 

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rendelc said:

Wesley has to be the worst player I’ve ever seen in a Villa shirt and I’m 55  years old .

lol, you havent seen much of Villa then........or you are blind........we have had PLENTY of worse players.

• Like 4

Wretched day. It's an awful indication of where we are right now that we are not in the bottom three because Steve Bloody Bruce did us a solid by getting a come from behind win over a garbage team and Sheffield Utd managed the same against an even worse team.

Very poor. @Terryini, I guess you will say these are not the games we need to win, but I'm not sure where any points are coming from if we continue playing like that. We looked the same as when we went down last time. Half arsed, sloppy shite. Particularly worrying, given those around us are picking up points. How is Wesley Brazilian?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Feel sick after watching that, most one sided loss since Wigan away last season. 

Leicester are very impressive, their pressing is top notch to the point Villa couldn't get 2 seconds to think on the ball. We were given a lesson in pressing. 

Bad day today but still hopeful that we can scramble to safety this season

Much as I absolutely hate to say it, Leicester we’re very very good

Wesley’s performances are really beyond the pale now - he shows not the slightest hint that he is a footballer - we must sign a replacement as a matter of urgency

• Like 1

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Lots of overreactions. 

They are flying and have torn better teams than us a new one this season already. If AEG scores instead of hitting the bar, if Engels was ready to come on for Mings for their first then maybe we go in to half time at least level.

Not saying we deserved a point or anything but come on. We aren't shit, our objective this year is 17th or better. No need to panic, Smith is still great, we have some good players, we had a bad day then lost discipline and injury forced our hand on subs a bit but we aren't shit.

We now have a run of games where we can get some points on the board. 7/8 points from the next 5 games will see us on course for our objectives with the option to get a striker in Jan. 

You can't call what you saw today anything other than shit. 

Heaton MOTM. Could easily have been 9 again they had so many clear cut chances. Defensively we were as bad as ive seen in a while. 

McGinn was ragged again today. Grealish poor by his standards. Wesley im afraid just doesnt cut it- had so many chances to prove himself but he hamstrings us. Kodjia has to be given a go now. Cant stick by your signing any more Deano, swallow your pride.

Need that chequebook out in January.

Leicester just too good for us on the day, we just couldn't cope with their pace and precision passing. Maddison and Vardy ran the show for them.

They totally and completely exposed our defence throughout the game, although Smith didn't help by leaving Mings on the pitch when he got injured. Had we taken our early chance we could have been looking at a different outcome. 

I'm losing patience with Wesley very quickly now, he doesn't really offer us a goal threat. How many chances has he had in the last few games? Kodjia could be an option but I fear that he might be equally as useless but he does have an ability to create something out of nothing.

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

You can't call what you saw today anything other than shit. 

One bad performance does not undo all the good work in the last year. The important thing in the long run is not how we played today it's how we prepare for the next 5 games and the results in them which could be season defining. If the worst happens and we do go down, I'd still stick with Smith to be the man to get us back up and a better side for another crack at this league.

• Like 1

Â