Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/19 at 23:59

2 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Oh dear, 10 men again. Considering how many free kicks we get we ain't very good at them are we. I don't think we'll get relegated but gonna need to spend a few more quid in January.

McGinn looks a different player recently

Wesley is playing a different game

McGinn needs dropping. His head has clearly been turned.

This is like the 8th game in a row where he's been non-existent. 

Edited by Spray
  • Like 3

I thought Rodgers prepared Leicester very well for the Grealish-Targett attacking threat. Ndidi and Riccardo were superb.

Was a very depressing game to watch. Lots of yellow cards which we didn't need, a couple of injuries to key players, and a lot of very bad performances that will dent player confidence.

Probably the worst matchday of the season so far for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Schooled by a very good team.

Agreed but that piss poor starting line-up of Smith's didn't do us any favours.

Also, we're 3-1 down and he does nothing for ages. Go for broke man and go two up top. If we get a quick goal back it's game on with lots of time left?

Why is Kodjia even on the bench if there's clearly no faith in him. All very bizarre.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Just thought I would drop in to say I don't much like Vardy.  What an insufferable ass.

W***** of the highest order but a loyal, top notch striker and one I wished played for us. 

Whatever happened with Mings and his injury it was like amateur hour at the comedy club.

Having him limping around was shambolic. Don't really care if it is Mings, Smith or the medical team, someone should have made the call to take him off

Also sick of having to play "where's Wesley" every time there is a Wesley shaped hole in the box where he should have been.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Hope we have big plans for January, and early January too.

I have a real worry.....and when we enter the Market, it gets gradually worse.

We weren't anywhere near as bad as being made out by some on here, Leicester are the best in the league at hitting teams on the break and all of their goals bar one were scored in this fashion.

If we had someone attacking the back post from Elmos flick on it would have been 2-2, instead they broke from that same corner and scored how I concede in every game of FIFA.

I knew we would lose today, now the really tough games are out the way we should pick up some points

10 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

We might as well play Kodija. Like we say..he can make something out of nothing every now and again, which is better than making nothing out of everything

I would sooner play the tea lady, than keep persisting with something that is getting slowly worse.

I am not going to chastise the lad, he must know himself....but the manager needs to take him out the firing line for the players sake.....that was woeful.

21 minutes ago, Spray said:

McGinn needs dropping. His head has clearly been turned.

This is like the 8th game in a row where he's been non-existent. 

on this display 50 mill.....thank you very much.

• Like 1

Leicester look like the sort of team that we want to be. They move the ball quickly, they look dynamic and fast. They've got some classy players and they're feckin quick. Brendan Rogers is doing a magnificent job. I would be delighted to see that sort of football from Villa.

They are however, years ahead of us in terms of development. I'm confident that we can get to that level in a few years. 

This was probably the first result that I think could damage confidence. We were dismantled at home. The away fans were giving the olès. We didn't play well, we lost a few players to injury. 

It doesn't take a genius to spot that we concede far too many chances. We are too open. We don't defend well as a team.

I also was massively frustrated by our inability to keep the ball today. We were sloppy, but also impatient. That needs to improve.

I'm starting to believe that we made a mistake signing Wesley with the idea of him being our 1st choice striker. He works ever so hard but he doesn't seem able to make an impact on the game, maybe we need to be more direct to get the best out of him. The contrast between Vardy and Wesley today was not flattering for Wesley. 

It's also worth remembering that these players are still quite new to each other and they have not yet developed that understanding that gives continuity to performances. That's not giving them an excuse, but I certainly feel that if we can get into next season and remain in the Premier League, we'll be all the better for it. 

• Like 3

The legend Ron Saunders must have been turning in his grave. No wonder it started hammering it down. That was absolutley shocking. Smith reminded me of Marco Silver stood on the touchline hands in pockets sucking on his zipper.

We dug ourselves out of a hole with that lifeline just before half time. It was set up for Villa to come good. Then gazi misses a sitter. which proved the turning point.

A few things I noticed:

Elmo was playing brilliantly in the first half untill he found himself witrh a shooting chance and he flapped it. then the crowd got on his back a bit and he was awful from then on.

Kodjia might aswell upload some photos of his house to right move. If he can't get into the team about Wesley he's finished. Which he is.

Smiths love in with konsa must come to an end! this guy should be loaned out to a champ club.

Luiz is too casual to play DM he's obviously talented but doesn't appear to want to be here and plays like it.

SMith will never sub Wesley as it will finish him. Everyone was hoping Wesley was seriously injured when he went down in the first half.

People are going over board about leicester. They're just counter attackers with a ruthless striker.  like villa under o'neil.

I still think Grealish is better than Madison. Grealish can dribble Maddison is a give and go merchant. Put maddison in a villa shirt and his career would tail off if he tried a one two with wesley.

This was a sickening defeat.

Went with my daughter and was shocked at how poor we were in all honesty. Leicester are decent but we handed them that victory with our poor play.

The first goal was one of those disgustingly awful passes straight to one of their players which Nakamba appears to drop in far too often for my liking. I do wonder if Mings going down feeling his hamstring caused a momentary loss of concentration or something but it was a shocking error. Even then we still had a chance to clear it but a weak challenge by Konza allowed Vardy to nip in. Then of course we lost Mings which you could see lifted the Leicester players, especially as they were now 1-0 up too. Lost count of the ridiculous passes straight to their players when in good positions. Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Grealish & Elghazi were all guilty of it. It happens a lot and does not seem to be improving over time either which says to me the quality of player is sub-standard.

Got a decent goal back and yet after half time we were second to practically everything.

As for Wesley he is just so clueless regards making runs which for me is why he seldom scores or even shoots. A few good balls were put in by Elmo & co but he was never once anywhere near them. Poor.

All round i thought that was one of the shabbyest performances i have seen from a Villa team at Villa Park in a long while. Now it looks like Mings has done his hamstring and i fear for us as that now weakens us for these vital games over Christmas.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, AXD said:

See that’s an opinion. It is possible wesley will never live up to anything, it is also possible that given time and less pressure he will come good.

funny you use Jaime Vardy as an example. At age 23, same age as wesley now, he was playing at stocksbridge. So maybe it is not all black and white.

Stop using outliers. For all the Jamie Vardys from Stocksbridge, there are strikers who played for Stocksbridge who didn’t make it and now fit kitchens for a living. 

Wesley would do well to get a game for Stocksbridge at this rate.

Eeh Aaw. 

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

For all the Jamie Vardys from Stocksbridge, there are strikers who played for Stocksbridge who didn’t make it and now fit kitchens for a living. 

Perhaps we could get one of them in the transfer window instead ?

Edited by CosmicVillan
  • Like 1

Â