Pre match (12th cup final of 28)

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well our spines gone so it's obviously going to be very very tough now.

Still got a punchers chance

Jack is obviously a massive blow but expected, the other 2 without hopefully jinxing them I think we should be ok with

I'm not confident but don't see why we can't get a result today, the line up doesn't change that, we need good wing play and get it in to hopefully a fired up big Wes 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Konsa has looked pretty good every time I have seen him, and I don't think he will let us down.

Steer is a decent number 2 for where we are at the moment.

But the changes obviously weaken us. No reason, in spite of that, why we should not put up a decent performance.

The bench is very poor. We need new and better players to give us some strength in depth.

On the rivalry - I obviously want us to win but hopefully it's a good game too, us vs blues is usually a god awful game that even when we win can be hard to enjoy, us vs baggies is usually decent, would be good if we can a great game where both teams look play some good stuff and it's actually a better game than the big one today 

If this "rivalry" is going to be forced down our throats I'd rather it came with 2 good teams both competing in the top half of the league rather than being tense edgy (boring) affairs 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

On the rivalry - I obviously want us to win but hopefully it's a good game too, us vs blues is usually a god awful game that even when we win can be hard to enjoy, us vs baggies is usually decent, would be good if we can a great game where both teams look play some good stuff and it's actually a better game than the big one today 

If this "rivalry" is going to be forced down our throats I'd rather it came with 2 good teams both competing in the top half of the league rather than being tense edgy (boring) affairs 

At this rate i'd take a shite game with the winner bouncing in off McGinns backside.

15 minutes ago, Hev said:

Why does Jack always seem to take so long to get over his injuries. It seemed fairly innocuous at the time . Hope he isnt going to be out for months again. 

2 weeks for a muscle strain is pretty standard. If anything it shows you how top notch Villa's medical staff is. Running out a half fit player can lead to far more serious injury. 

• Like 1

We're definitely underdogs for this one, but I think this squad have guts, we've competed well in every game so far. Hopefully we can push Wolves and get a result, it'll be a tough game without Heaton, Grealish and Engels. 

On the plus Douglas and Wesley will be buzzing from their international call ups, we're probably more disciplined without Grealish in the team (so hopefully harder to catch in the break) and we've have some encouraging performances in recent weeks. 

Wolves line up looks strong. 

Not looking forward to seeing Traore again.