The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Just recieved my first and probably only, election communication. From Labour. Not only have they got my first name completely wrong (as in not close), I feel like I've just been patronised by a millenial called Katy Reilly-Laing.

I think it must be aimed at a completely different age group to me and they have their electoral roll software buggered up. I really don't care that she doesn't want to work in London and neither will anyone else I suspect.

I googled her, she's a politics student and Labour activist at Liverppol Uni

If they think this appeals to me, they are completely wrong

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just recieved my first and probably only, election communication. From Labour. Not only have they got my first name completely wrong (as in not close), I feel like I've just been patronised by a millenial called Katy Reilly-Laing.

I think it must be aimed at a completely different age group to me and they have their electoral roll software buggered up. I really don't care that she doesn't want to work in London and neither will anyone else I suspect.

Can I put you down as "Possible", then?

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

Can I put you down as "Possible", then?

If I lived in a Tory / Labour marginal then I would be and thereis a slight posibility I still might but this letter would have done absolutely nothing to persuade me

I'd say I'm 95% voting Green, 5% voting Labour at this stage

I think it's more an indication of their absolutely crap organisational ability. I honestly think they've sent me the wrong targetted letter. Maybe they should employ Aaron Banks as an advisor

• Like 1

ICM is by far the most favourable poll for Labour.

It would need that gap to close a few points more to be believable, not least with so many seats with their individual battles that don’t fit national polls.

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

ICM is by far the most favourable poll for Labour.

It would need that gap to close a few points more to be believable, not least with so many seats with their individual battles that don’t fit national polls.

It certainly is the most favourable so far, though note the new one from ComRes:

1 hour ago, bickster said:

OK boomer!

Edited by villakram
Spent Aug/Sep/Oct and part of Nov in Europe, come back here and this new insult is all the rage, you're welcome!
  • Haha 2

Please explain something to me...

Tories say last nine years was actually Labours fault and they couldn't make it better in that time. They couldn't turn the country round, in fact by most barometers they've made it worse. But vote to keep them in power and they can actually fix all these problems in a few months? Pretty fortunate that.

How do people fall for this crap?! Maybe don't trust politicians (inc opposition) but believe your own eyes and remember your own experiences.

• Like 1

This assessment is about right.  Watching the clip of him taking the phone and being called out on it, what came across was him desperately trying to think what he was supposed to do, before taking the phone out of his pocket and pretending to look with concern at the picture.  He wasn't expecting the journo to reveal that he had taken the phone and put it in his pocket.  He assumed that his status was such that the journo would have to accept this, and so he was genuinely fazed when the lad didn't act as expected.

He had no genuine reaction about the child.  His only concern was about trying to assess what part he was meant to play, what reaction he was supposed to feign, what emotion he should pretend to feel.  Trying to retrieve from his memory what other people had done in similar situations, and what might work to get him through the next 30 seconds.

Psychopath.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, peterms said:

This assessment is about right.  Watching the clip of him taking the phone and being called out on it, what came across was him desperately trying to think what he was supposed to do, before taking the phone out of his pocket and pretending to look with concern at the picture.  He wasn't expecting the journo to reveal that he had taken the phone and put it in his pocket.  He assumed that his status was such that the journo would have to accept this, and so he was genuinely fazed when the lad didn't act as expected.

He had no genuine reaction about the child.  His only concern was about trying to assess what part he was meant to play, what reaction he was supposed to feign, what emotion he should pretend to feel.  Trying to retrieve from his memory what other people had done in similar situations, and what might work to get him through the next 30 seconds.

Psychopath.

25 minutes ago, Risso said:

Has there ever been a less intelligent MP than Angela Rayner?  Thick as a whale omelette.

This should really go in the cooking thread, but I must point out that if you are making a whale omelette, you wouldn't use a whole whale.  So it won't be any thicker than any other omelette, unless you choose to make it so.

On Angela, I think she's great.

(No whales were harmed in hypothesising about how to use them in omelettes, but please don't try this at home).