The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Vote Farage, he’s looking for people just like you.

It's £200 per month for me, my partner and my daughter. Fully covered no exclusions, we both smoke and no excess

£6.57 per day

For your health and wellbeing it's a no brainer

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, KHV said:

It's £200 per month for me, my partner and my daughter. Fully covered no exclusions, we both smoke and no excess

£6.57 per day

Then one of you gets ill, your insurance costs rocket or you are point blank refused insurance and then where are you?

And what about all the less well off people that cannot afford 'just £200' per month?

Edited by Lichfield Dean
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

The crux of the matter is that if someone voted Leave, why would they vote for anyone but the Tories?  This is essentially a Brexit election whether we like it or not.

If everyone that voted leave votes conservative it would be as close to a whitewash as you can get. '97 Blair levels

33 minutes ago, KHV said:

£6.57 per day

That's pretty good value to be honest. 

Apropos of nothing, I have paid NI for the last 30 years but now lost my job and have to survive on universal credit. I am using food banks and struggle to feed my family. What is this health insurance of which you speak?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hey, well look as long as you will be ok for £200 a month, **** the rest of them.

To be honest, anybody that can’t afford that is probably not worth keeping alive anyway.

No brainer, that pretty much sums it up.

Millions of people in this country this can afford it like myself but don't do it

Free healthcare should be for those that need it 

People or households of a certain income should not be entitled to it, you should have to cover yourself 

Im not expecting everyone to pay for it as clearly they cant. A large chunk of this country can which would relieve a huge drain on the NHS

I don't mind still paying my taxes to fund the NHS even though I swerve it whenever possible

I pay for private dental cover too as well as healthcare

People are very willing to pay for pointless luxury crap but as soon as you mention paying for your health they look at you like you have bumped your head

Does everyone in my house need a brand iPhone 11 or do they need the best healthcare cover?  I know what my answer is even if it makes me less cool, sadly I'm in a minority these days

Image is everything, looking after yourself weirdly isn't. 

43 minutes ago, KHV said:

Who is going to come and collect you when you have a car accident or electocute yourself watering the christmas tree? And where are they going to take you?

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Who is going to come and collect you when you have a car accident or electocute yourself watering the christmas tree? And where are they going to take you?

Private ambulance insurance mate, think it through.

Then the private police insurance can sort out the car accident details whilst the private fire brigade insurance puts the car fire out.

Then the private roads will be patch repaired using private toll road insurance.

To be fair, this is going to save me a **** fortune not paying for his bit of the army and the motorway and his kids’ school and fire station and police call centre.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KHV said:

Pay for it yourself with health insurance

It doesn't cost a lot

The irony of this post is that the main reason private health insurance is so much cheaper in the UK than in the US is that having the NHS as the dominant player in the market drives costs down.

• Like 4

The Australian system is a mixture of public health care and private insurance. 

The public system is universal and free for a number of things whilst subsidising others.

However if you earn enough money you are heavily taxed unless you take out a private health insurance policy (including Ambulance cover etc), in which case you get most of that tax back i.e. the government has made it punitive for higher earners to rely on the public system. 

I’m not claiming Australia’s system is perfect but there is a sensible discussion to be had around the best way to provide health care for an ageing population without suggesting the only two options are the US or the UK extreams. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The Australian system is a mixture of public health care and private insurance. 

The public system is universal and free for a number of things whilst subsidising others.

However if you earn enough money you are heavily taxed unless you take out a private health insurance policy (including Ambulance cover etc), in which case you get most of that tax back i.e. the government has made it punitive for higher earners to rely on the public system. 

I’m not claiming Australia’s system is perfect but there is a sensible discussion to be had around the best way to provide health care for an ageing population without suggesting the only two options are the US or the UK extreams. 

Don’t encourage Boris to say ‘Australian system’ anymore than he already is.

• Haha 3