The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The Australian system is a mixture of public health care and private insurance. 

The public system is universal and free for a number of things whilst subsidising others.

However if you earn enough money you are heavily taxed unless you take out a private health insurance policy (including Ambulance cover etc), in which case you get most of that tax back i.e. the government has made it punitive for higher earners to rely on the public system. 

I’m not claiming Australia’s system is perfect but there is a sensible discussion to be had around the best way to provide health care for an ageing population without suggesting the only two options are the US or the UK extreams. 

I'm afraid that the NHS has become too much of a political monument to even entertain the idea of any discussion to introduce changes to the system.

Any party even suggests that, they are getting shot down hard. The only answer the HOC has is to stick more money in it.

I like the NHS and I have had some very good personal experience with it. Also, some very bad which included unnecessary deaths and long term injuries.

I am from a family of immigrants who fly to the other side of Europe to use private services that they pay for because they prefer that to the NHS. Very often, I can't blame them.

It's a shame there is no public discussion about any privatisation. Such a discussion could bring interesting ideas to the table - anyone that suggests it now is somewhere in between Hitler and Donald Trump in many people's eyes.

Just now, Mic09 said:

Any party even suggests that, they are getting shot down hard. The only answer the HOC has is to stick more money in it.

Hence why the Tories don't come out and explicitly say what they want to do. Just defund it to the point that we all, at some point down the line, agree it's broken beyond repair and consent to something else.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Shameful stuff

Open and tolerant Britain my arse

It takes a real gift to on the one hand be against EU migrants coming here and making the country their home, whilst also opposing people who come here, don't integrate, and continue to speak their own language and wear their own types of clothing.

Edited by Davkaus

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

We had this situation last week whether the PM is an out and out racist, but this statement is just as bad, and he definitely said it.

**** shameful and embarrassing. 

But it plays to his crowd, that's what counts. 

Just shows that 'concerns about immigration' are not in good faith.

Come over here, don't speak the language, don't work. **** off.

Come over here, have a job, speak English, pay taxes, INTEGRATE. **** off.

Sickening.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just shows that 'concerns about immigration' are not in good faith.

Come over here, don't speak the language, don't work. **** off.

Come over here, have a job, speak English, pay taxes, INTEGRATE. **** off.

Sickening.

It always was like this though.

I can't tell you the amount of people I know that say they don't want to stop immigration, just want it controlled. When you ask where they want all the foreign workers we need to come from you get the predictable answers, Australia, NZ, Canada...maybe SA. So just the mainly white (with exception of SA, although they might just mean the whites? who knows?), former colonies then?

I can confirm, as a British citizen living in the UK with a white Canadian wife on a spousal visa, that the British government does everything possible to make the process of immigrating here completely miserable even for white English speakers from developed Commonwealth countries.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

It always was like this though.

I can't tell you the amount of people I know that say they don't want to stop immigration, just want it controlled. When you ask where they want all the foreign workers we need to come from you get the predictable answers, Australia, NZ, Canada...maybe SA. So just the mainly white (with exception of SA, although they might just mean the whites? who knows?), former colonies then?

Shame that South Africa ruined your racism point. Of course people that are pro EU immigration are so because of all those EU countries with predominantly black populations? :rolleyes:

4 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Shame that South Africa ruined your racism point. Of course people that are pro EU immigration are so because of all those EU countries with predominantly black populations? :rolleyes:

I think Poles have become  honorary blacks. 

Firstly, what a gross sentiment, as if it was the fault of individuals for following policies our own government had in place.

Secondly, the bare-faced cheek of it. Go to Torremolinos and tell me how people aren't 'treating it as if it's part of their own country'.

• Like 2