The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

10 minutes ago, peterms said:

Give them another 5 years and it will be a matter of months before they are telling us that the only thing that can stop this is more privatisation.

It has been all so predictable. They have spent the last 9 and half years setting the NHS up to fail and now it is they will try use it to justify privatisation.

Edited by markavfc40

6 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Snake oil salesman Farage has registered a new party name for after the election.

Gullible people tap here.

I wonder how many people will think, Farage’s UKIP look good, I’ll vote for them. Ooh no, actually Farage’s Brexit Party look good I’ll vote for them. Ooh no, actually I’ve always had a lot of faith in Nigel, I’ll vote for his new party.

Advertising your new party before the actual election your old party is in, that would be a major slap in the moosh to any of your supporters that weren’t thick as shit, wouldn’t it?

As if stealing the deposits of half of his would-be candidates wasn't enough.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've said it before, and I'll continue to say it. Tories are scum, and if you vote for them next week, this is the kind of shit you're complicit in. Tax cuts for the rich while this is happening in our hospitals. Proud of yourselves?

Bollocks

Lets be honest the NHS has been a bag of shit for about 30 years now. Every election argument for a long time has been based on bleating about the NHS and how it's underfunded and how it's going to be saved if you vote for us blah blah blah

Labour are saying they are going to pump x amount of billions into it. Why? It doesn't work, it will never work and in truth has only really worked for half it's life span which was probably the first half

The whole thing needs to be scrapped and completly replaced

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Come on lad, let's get you home. 

Nothing wrong with me

The NHS is crap and has been for a long time

I was born in the 70's and cant remember an election that didn't have have parties squabbling over how crap the state of the NHS was

29 minutes ago, KHV said:

Bollocks

Lets be honest the NHS has been a bag of shit for about 30 years now. Every election argument for a long time has been based on bleating about the NHS and how it's underfunded and how it's going to be saved if you vote for us blah blah blah

Labour are saying they are going to pump x amount of billions into it. Why? It doesn't work, it will never work and in truth has only really worked for half it's life span which was probably the first half

The whole thing needs to be scrapped and completly replaced

What the actual ****?

7 minutes ago, KHV said:

Nothing wrong with me

The NHS is crap and has been for a long time

I was born in the 70's and cant remember an election that didn't have have parties squabbling over how crap the state of the NHS was

It is generally one of the issues, since it is so important to so many millions of people, and one of the things we should be proudest of as a nation.  This is why even the tories, who voted against setting it up, pretend to defend it.

As for the part it played in elections, it wasn't a big theme in 1979 or 1983.  In 1984-5, between elections, it became a big campaigning theme, when the tories were cutting it.

In 87 and 92 I don't recall it being a singular theme, though the general topic of privatisation was a big concern.  But they were concentrating privatisation initially on council services and utilities, and within the NHS it was more limited, starting with things like cleaning and moving on to estates management, and bringing in some dick from M&S who for some unfathomable reason was supposed to know more about running public services than, er, public sevants.  Blind ideology.

In subsequent elections it has been an issue, but it has moved more centre stage since it has become more and more clear that the current bunch of numpties wish to break it into bits and sell it to the people who fund them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Give him a few minutes, @KHV is, hopefully, coming up with his proposal for what will replace what he wants scrapped...

Pay for it yourself with health insurance

It doesn't cost a lot

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Nothing but awful negative stories about the Tories, yet they’ll still win. I don’t get it at all.

The crux of the matter is that if someone voted Leave, why would they vote for anyone but the Tories?  This is essentially a Brexit election whether we like it or not.