The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Jack Merritt's father has spoken out:

the comment section full of largely disgusting human beings as usual then. Mr Merritt has an opinion that someone didn't like who now thinks his son deserved to die.

Edited by Rodders

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Silly response. 

It's been acknowledged there is a problem, it's was acknowledged it shouldn't have happened. 

Everyone knows that waiting times are getting longer etc etc - that wasn't the point. 

The point was, it was a weird situation, but by all accounts a bit of a one off, which was dealt with by the good people working there - why the need for outcries and all the jazz that comes with it? 

It's self pitying. 

I think the outcries are because there is a general election in 2 days and we keep getting told lies on how the tories are going to fix the NHS and yet shit like this is happening. 

It has also led to a load of lies and spin being pushed out from the tory machine claiming these events didn't even happen. 

I think both of those things are worthy of a lot of attention at the moment. Our NHS needs a lot more support and funding and yet the supporters of the government are happy to just deny it even happened. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think the outcries are because there is a general election in 2 days and we keep getting told lies on how the tories are going to fix the NHS and yet shit like this is happening. 

It has also led to a load of lies and spin being pushed out from the tory machine claiming these events didn't even happen. 

I think both of those things are worthy of a lot of attention at the moment. Our NHS needs a lot more support and funding and yet the supporters of the government are happy to just deny it even happened. 

Also that the Tories are saying they'll do x, y and z, as if they are the opposition against the governance that's been in power for 9 **** years.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's been acknowledged there is a problem, it's was acknowledged it shouldn't have happened. 

Presumably you're not counting in that the various Telegraph columnists and Conservative PPCs who have been sharing faked reports that it didn't happen?

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

I understand the need to bring the incident to attention, but for it to go national? Really? 

Are there not more important messages that could go out in it's place?

As has been said - it should not have happened - but if it's an isolated incident, you can't use it as a stick to bash anyone in particular with, because it doesn't happen often.  

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

I understand the need to bring the incident to attention, but for it to go national? Really? 

As has been said - it should not have happened - but if it's an isolated incident, you can't use it as a stick to bash anyone in particular with, because it doesn't happen often.  

It’s shorthand and we’re stuck with it because the journalists can’t do balance or nuance and much of their audience need news to be 20 seconds long with a bass beat behind it.

• Like 2

Brexit aside, which message days from an election, apart from the NHS being shit because of the Tories do you think is more important? I'm struggling to think of one tbh

EDIT: I've not seen anyone blaming the hospital or the staff by the way, so why the need to be defensive? This has been chucked squarely at the current Government

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Whilst this  child has been like a gift from heaven for labour and they aren't going to turn down an open goal  , i think as others have already pointed out ,  the NHS has been a fairly key battleground in this election  ... it could sway a few voters , though a lot depends on what headline replaces him tomorrow

23 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

On the whole, the major newspapers didnt give a shit. And the media cycle changed to 'aide punched' due to blatant Tory lies within hours. 

I'm sure you're right about the papers, but then they barely ever do or say anything that inconveniences the Tories anyway, especially this close to polling day. I know fewer people watch the news than used to, but it's worth saying the story led the 10 o'clock news last night and the 'punch that wasn't' was never mentioned at all, so I think it will have got through a bit yesterday. 

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Whilst this  child has been like a gift from heaven for labour and they aren't going to turn down an open goal  , i think as others have already pointed out ,  the NHS has been a fairly key battleground in this election  ... it could sway a few voters , though a lot depends on what headline replaces him tomorrow

I don’t think this poor kids plight is a “gift” to anyone. I think it is an appalling example of the direction the NHS is going under the Tories. If the Tories are in power then images like this are as predictable as night follows day. Caring Conservatism, do me a favour.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

The point was, it was a weird situation, but by all accounts a bit of a one off

You think running out of beds for patients in ED is a bit of a one off? Which trust do you work for? The overwhelming opinion from the people I know at NUH is they're on their knees and **** shitting themselves about the next couple of months. Winter pressures have always been there and always will, but the under funding is pushing it closer and closer to breaking point. The kid lying on the floor may be a one off, but that's just one small symptom of chronic underfunding.

In some ways it's similar to the photo of Alan Kurdi. The wider problem should be the talking point, but one photo seems to capture more outrage than facts and figures. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Right now I'm not sure there is many more important messages. The government, who have been in power for 9 years, are telling numerous lies about how keen they are to support the NHS. With ludicrous counting of new nurses and ridiculous pledges of building new hospitals. I think its important that the reality of the situation in hospitals is out there. 

The NHS is underfunded and not supported enough and the current ones in power should not be trusted on the issue. 

6 minutes ago, villakram said:

Last yougov poll out soon.

Have that bottle of Brandy at the ready!

YouGov (does anyone else always type YouGove and then have to remove the 'e', or is that just me?) is always one of the pollsters showing the biggest Tory leads, so it's best not to get depressed whatever it shows.

British opinion polls really have a rank recent track record anyway (though of course they might get closer this time, you never know). 

39 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Such empathy for a young child and his family. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

Such empathy for a young child and his family. 

I was commenting on  someone directly talking about why its national news and how the NHS has been a key battle ground in this election  , not making any comment on the plight of the family  , nor will you notice have the vast majority of posters commenting on the issue  ...

care to apologise for the dig  ?

• Like 1