The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

We should want the truth, whether it suits your preferred party or not. 

We should. The truth probably isn't coming from what are clearly bots. Several new accounts posting exactly the same tweet, word for word. Cambridge Analytica v2 are really earning their crust.

I work in a hospital, and I'm pretty sure a kid lying on the floor with pneumonia wouldn't happen. 

If it has, and there may be circumstances where i could happen, then it's really awful

Aye, if it happened, and the evidence certainly seems to be that it did, it needs to be investigated why. I think we may be seeing similar incidents this winter though. 

My other half does some shifts in paeds ED for one of the biggest hospitals in the country, and they're pretty routinely out of beds and trolleys. It's considered appalling that they have to move patients to adult wards but they have to do it often. Ambulances are sitting around basically being used as an extended waiting room while other patients are waiting for ambulances. If there are no patients that can be safely discharged there are no inpatient beds available, ED is full, and you can't get a timely transfer somewhere else, what do you do?

Edited by Davkaus

19 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If the kid was put down on the floor, snapped, picked up and put on a bed again, then **** that person.

I work in a hospital, and I'm pretty sure a kid lying on the floor with pneumonia wouldn't happen. 

If it has, and there may be circumstances where i could happen, then it's really awful, but you need to be sure before we all get outraged.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Electoral law needs updating urgently to cope with the misinformation campaigns that have become rife in the last few years.

If you don't like the message, pay a few quid to spin up dozens of Twitter/Facebook bots to spread lies. Wait for the message to spread, delete all of the accounts. The lies get exposed, but the damage is already done.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

If the kid was put down on the floor, snapped, picked up and put on a bed again, then **** that person.

If it has, and there may be circumstances where i could happen, then it's really awful, but you need to be sure before we all get outraged.. 

Seems that they had been seen instantly upon arrival and given a bed & oxygen in a&e, Whilst waiting to be moved to a ward the bed was needed for an emergency so they were moved back to a waiting area, There were chairs available but i guess the kid was tired & wanted a sleep and the most comfortable place was the floor rather than a chair. Should any of this happen? no is it being blown up massively? yes.

It is pretty common knowlege that if you go to a&e you are generally there for about 4 hours, I have seen plenty of kids asleep on chairs//floors whilst either waiting to be seen or sat their with a family member waiting to be seen. I would put money on it happening every single day in some gp's office or hospital waiting area.

Probably doesn't really help that the photo is being accredited to professional photographer Ben Lack. The boys mother has also apparently complained to IPSO about the use of the photo/story as it is causing undue distress. Not really sure what she thought would happen when you go to the press with a photo of a kid lying on a hospital floor in election week....

10 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seems that they had been seen instantly upon arrival and given a bed & oxygen in a&e, Whilst waiting to be moved to a ward the bed was needed for an emergency so they were moved back to a waiting area, There were chairs available but i guess the kid was tired & wanted a sleep and the most comfortable place was the floor rather than a chair. Should any of this happen? no is it being blown up massively? yes.

It is pretty common knowlege that if you go to a&e you are generally there for about 4 hours, I have seen plenty of kids asleep on chairs//floors whilst either waiting to be seen or sat their with a family member waiting to be seen. I would put money on it happening every single day in some gp's office or hospital waiting area.

Probably doesn't really help that the photo is being accredited to professional photographer Ben Lack. The boys mother has also apparently complained to IPSO about the use of the photo/story as it is causing undue distress. Not really sure what she thought would happen when you go to the press with a photo of a kid lying on a hospital floor in election week....

Oh that's ok then. As long as loads of kids suffer in the hospital then. **** wanting things to be better. 

Also they were in a&e for 8 hours and it took over 13 hours for the boy to get a bed on the ward. 

The fact anyone would try to justify a 4 year old boy lying on the floor of a hospital because there are no beds is unbelievable 

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Oh that's ok then. As long as loads of kids suffer in the hospital then. **** wanting things to be better. 

Also they were in a&e for 8 hours and it took over 13 hours for the boy to get a bed on the ward. 

The fact anyone would try to justify a 4 year old boy lying on the floor of a hospital because there are no beds is unbelievable 

If he was asleep on one of the available chairs do you think there would have been as much fuss?

I said none of it should be happening, not trying to justify anything. Wait times are too long, hospitals are too full. We have the perfect storm of not enough staff currently & there simply being far too many people in the country for the number of hospitals/doctors/schools. In this case he was initially seen immediately and moved to one of the a&e beds awiting to be moved to a ward, An emergency came in that required an immediate bed, unfortunately in this case it was the boys bed but the reality is that if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else moved back to the seated waiting area. Would people be outraged if it was a 20 year old moved back who decided to lie on the floor as there was more space than on a seat?

Edited by LakotaDakota

8 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If he was asleep on one of the available chairs do you think there would have been as much fuss?

I said none of it should be happening, not trying to justify anything. Wait times are too long, hospitals are too full. We have the perfect storm of not enough staff currently & there simply being far too many people in the country for the number of hospitals/doctors/schools. In this case he was initially seen immediately and moved to one of the a&e beds awiting to be moved to a ward, An emergency came in that required an immediate bed, unfortunately in this case it was the boys bed but the reality is that if it hadn't been him it would have been someone else moved back to the seated waiting area. Would people be outraged if it was a 20 year old moved back who decided to lie on the floor as there was more space than on a seat?

Well, the baby on today’s news was asleep on a chair, so they’re already improving.

Admitted at 12:45, got to see a doctor in under 6 hours.

Radio 4 keen to stress the baby’s mother is a Labour supporter.

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Perhaps the family could pay for bed insurance, to guarantee a bed for their child.

Silly response. 

It's been acknowledged there is a problem, it's was acknowledged it shouldn't have happened. 

Everyone knows that waiting times are getting longer etc etc - that wasn't the point. 

The point was, it was a weird situation, but by all accounts a bit of a one off, which was dealt with by the good people working there - why the need for outcries and all the jazz that comes with it? 

It's self pitying. 

• Like 1