The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If you go to Worcs, it's a nice hospital

If you don't die in the ambulance waiting outside A&E.

Apologies for the Evening News ('cos it's a shitty rag) link:

A HOSPITAL trust has sent its condolences to a family whose relative died after being kept waiting in an ambulance outside Worcestershire Royal Hospital.

The man, who had been waiting for an hour in the ambulance, went into cardiac arrest while waiting to be seen.

A Care Quality Commission (CQC) report was released on September 20 this year.

The report said: “Patients were not always protected from avoidable harm. There were significant handover delays for patients arriving by ambulance.

“The layout of the emergency department was not suitable for the number of admissions the service received. There was significant overcrowding, and, at times, patients were being cared for on trolleys along corridors.

“Patients could not access care and treatment in a timely way. Waiting times for treatment and arrangements to admit, treat and discharge patients were worse than the England average and national standard.”

As there's been a bit of discussion of polling and pollsters in the past page or two, some might be interested in this post from Elections Etc [sic] (long read):

Why are polls from different pollsters so different?

On average the polls have had a fairly consistent and comfortable lead for the Conservatives in this general election campaign. However, around that average there are substantial differences between polls. Some suggest the Conservatives might fail to win a big enough lead to secure a majority, while others point to a Tory landslide with a majority over a hundred. What’s going on?

In short, since this is a long and complicated blog, our tentative conclusion is that the big systematic differences between pollsters are due primarily to systematic differences in the kinds of people they have in their samples, even after weighting.

Conclusion

As we said above, our conclusions are tentative, but our analysis so far suggests that the substantial differences between the published leads from pollsters are due primarily to the different kinds of responses they collect, even though there are other methodological differences in weighting and question wording that also make a difference.  

None of this has left us with a clear picture as to which pollster or methodology is best. Since all sample surveys involve some haphazard error, even after the election we probably still won’t know for sure.

Edited by snowychap
  • Thanks 2

To be fair, I think this is one of the most reasoned venues for online political discourse going, even if I have occasionally had run-ins and disagreements with a couple. I guess it helps that we all know we'll be back again next time. I don't think it's any surprise if people are a little on-edge when we're only 50 odd hours from the exit poll. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

In the last hour I’ve written and then deleted 3 things that I felt may have been a little OTT.

We should be able to show the mods what we were going to write and get some sort of credit point for it.

I think there needs to be a breathalyser so I can't post about politics when I've had a few. Some people go out and start physical fights, I just get about shouty on the internet about the government. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I think there needs to be a breathalyser so I can't post about politics when I've had a few. Some people go out and start physical fights, I just get about shouty on the internet about the government. 

If I was bored I would never wind up snowy because that would be posting for effect and that’s not allowed.

• Haha 1

If any party came out and said the NHS is fu**ed, we need more money. As a result of this we are going to charge every single working adult £3 per week to fund it, This will generate nearly 5 billion per year on top of existing funding & The money would only be used to fund the NHS i would quite happily vote for them. I imagine most people would have no problem at all actually paying it and thinking it was more than worth it but anyone that suggested it would be pretty much unelectable on this basis alone

9 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If any party came out and said the NHS is fu**ed, we need more money. As a result of this we are going to charge every single working adult £3 per week to fund it, This will generate nearly 5 billion per year on top of existing funding & The money would only be used to fund the NHS i would quite happily vote for them. I imagine most people would have no problem at all actually paying it and thinking it was more than worth it but anyone that suggested it would be pretty much unelectable on this basis alone

LibDem’s have a policy of an extra penny on income tax to raise £7Bn for the NHS.

Over to you...

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

LibDem’s have a policy of an extra penny on income tax to raise £7Bn for the NHS.

Over to you...

No problem with paying extra tax to fund it but i won't be voting for them this time thanks to their main policy but maybe sometime in the future.

Would more than likely be a wasted vote here really too, They came in 4th behind ukip in 2017 with only 2.7% of the vote

Edited by LakotaDakota

Just now, LakotaDakota said:

Because i am perfectly fine with the result of the EU referendum and do not wish to "Stop Brexit"

What does it have to do with your original statement?

Okay, you've edited it now. The original statement was more around that they wouldn't be able to fund it because of their main policy. Thanks for clarifying.

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What does it have to do with your original statement?

Okay, you've edited it now. The original statement was more around that they wouldn't be able to fund it because of their main policy. Thanks for clarifying.

I said i wouldn't be voting for them thanks to their main policy. This bit hasn't changed

I have no issues with raising tax for everyone (not just the richest) if it actually helps make the nhs better, improves education, infrastructure, policing, mental health/elderly care etc

Edited by LakotaDakota

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

I have no issues with raising tax for everyone (not just the richest) if it actually helps make the nhs better, improves education, infrastructure, policing, mental health/elderly care etc

What if Brexit makes all of those things worse? Still happy with your vote?

31 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

I'm not sure we need to invent new regressive tax policies.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

What if it doesn't...

Only one way to actually find out ;)

Well, all signs and experts (i know) err on my side.

But we'll see I guess. It's worth jumping off a cliff 'just in case' :)