Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 10 of 38)

MaVilla

On 24/10/2019 at 21:56, Enda said:

I'd start with five at the back, and two in goal.

Let us go Steve, you "manage" Newcastle now. 

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Southampton getting a tonking 

They played like we did in the season we  went down with 3 wins.....and in the cup final v Arsenal.

That's what happens when you turn up like that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CosmicVillan said:

Football logic says that if Norwich beat them , and we beat Norwich then we win it 8-3

shame it don't work.

I would suggest..... we work our bollox off ( as a team)and move the ball as quick as Leicester.....and who knows what we can achieve.

• Like 1

4-1 Citeh.

Anything here is a bonus. A loss, even a reasonably heavy one, is basically meaningless. They might be ravaged at the back bit the rest of the team is so good it doesn't really matter, they'll just outscore us handily.

Even if we lose, we will be applauded and emerge stronger.

But red hot Jack to score the winner in a strangely tight contest when City still have a champions league hangover, as Villa invoke the 10-wins-on-the-trott attitude from last season as we continue to gain confidence, belief, familiarity and momentum.

9 hours ago, TRO said:

shame it don't work.

I would suggest..... we work our bollox off ( as a team)and move the ball as quick as Leicester.....and who knows what we can achieve.

Unfortunately moving the ball quick is not really our forte...

• Like 1

I cannot believe the odds you get can get for us, absolutely ridiculous. A draw or better and I'm rich 😂 would love another moment similar to the Weimann goal, still got that photo of him in front of the fans on my computer!

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Hopefully that fugly kit will blind them into submission

As long as we don’t play like clowns I don’t mind us looking like them! I get the green and the black, but why did they put red with it!? Just green and black would be nice 

19 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

To be fair word class generally means top 5 in their position. You would say Eden Hazard is world class but he would be behind: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar and maybe sterling. 

What if there were 6 such players in a position? 

52 minutes ago, Nigel said:

What if there were 6 such players in a position? 

Well they would still be considered world class. Because many fit into multiple positions like Ronaldo could be a striker or a winger. 

Plus it is overall ability. I was just saying as a general rule of thumb