Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 10 of 38)

MaVilla

2 hours ago, AJ said:

The team from 2015 would have lost this game before walking on to the pitch.

I have a different feeling with this team we have now.

We drew 0-0 with them that season!

Also was 0-0 at half time for the away game, 4-0 full time though.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Aguero on bench

Really surprised by that, he was unused sub v Palace last week so rare he starts two games in a row on the bench in the league.

That's going to be a problem today, we somehow keep their starting 11 quiet for an hour and they'll then just bring on Aguero and Mahrez.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

We drew 0-0 with them that season!

Also was 0-0 at half time for the away game, 4-0 full time though.

Thanks for that, I didn't know.

As so often from what I remember from that season, as soon as a goal went in the heads went down. There was a losing mentality stinking up the place.

The team we have now is nothing like that.

Today  is must win for Smith. one win away in the prem all season? disgrace.

Trez should play in the adama traore role. otherwise unchanged. Conner must start! as our only chances will be set pieces. remember bacuna's curler!

One thing i did notice i watch both teams pre match presser things. Smith relaxed as always Pep very short and agitated with the media. maybe behind the scenes issues? glimmer of hope?

if we going to go down to man city at least give them a bloody nose.

even when mancuty were crap they always used to beat us I can remember david white scoring about 4 goals before disappearing back to his usual standart of centre forwad play the week after.

Edited by screwdriver
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Tomorrow  is must win for Smith. one win away in the prem all season? disgrace.

Trez should play in the adama traore role. otherwise unchanged. Conner must start! as our only chances will be set pieces.

One thing i did notice i watch both teams pre match presser things. Smith relaxed as always Pep very short and agitated with the media. maybe behind the scenes issues? glimmer of hope?

if we going to go down to man city at least give them a bloody nose.

even when mancuty were crap they always used to beat us I can remember david white scoring about 4 goals before disappearing back to his usual standart of centre forwad play the week after.

🤔👀

Today.

Edited by avfcDJ
  • Haha 1

On 25/10/2019 at 09:56, bannedfromHandV said:

The timing of the kick off can’t be a bad thing given their hectic schedule.

I think we have to just go and play our usual game and see what happens, use it as a barometer of sorts.

The last 3 times they have played at 12.30 on Saturday after a midweek cup game they have won 5-0, 2-0 & 1-0. doesn't seem to make too much difference to them