Pre-Match thread (Cup Final 10 of 38)

MaVilla

So from not having a ticket to now thanks to my wife’s cousin, having one in their new sensory lounge which officially opens against us.  So for those of you in the North West who get Granada reports look out for me on the TV over the weekend.  A quiet victory for us will do me fine.

We've got minimal chance.

Agree with the few saying set pieces will be important. If there's one thing we will do, it's win fouls.

Where we'll fall down is only at Norwich have I seen us have any "relaxed" possession. We're always rushing forward or backward. It's why we get so tired.

Against this lot we have to really use our time on the ball well, not always fly forward immediately and lose it.

If KDB is rested, it's on.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We've got minimal chance.

Agree with the few saying set pieces will be important. If there's one thing we will do, it's win fouls.

Where we'll fall down is only at Norwich have I seen us have any "relaxed" possession. We're always rushing forward or backward. It's why we get so tired.

Against this lot we have to really use our time on the ball well, not always fly forward immediately and lose it.

If KDB is rested, it's on.

Why would they rest De Bruyne? No chance of that I’m afraid

Dean got this bang on in the presser, it's a great opportunity against one of the best teams in the world to show what we are about. Play our best game against them and lose is fine, anything other than losing and it's a massive bonus but there's certainly no pressure on us apart from looking after our own performance levels. 

For me if we keep them down to scoring less than 3 and we score we'll have done well! Atalanta are no mugs and they got done 5.

On 19/10/2019 at 22:00, tinker said:

0-1 win , they ain't all that 

I wouldn't want to say that...If we get anything out of this game, we are going to have to work very,very hard and be very well organised.

I hope the players believe we can be.

• Like 1

Why would they rest De Bruyne ? Because they can ! They will see us as a ‘lesser’ opponent and will play one of their other top class midfielders that would walk into any other premier league team. He doesn’t need to play every game so he is at his peak when he is selected.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, smg said:

Why would they rest De Bruyne ? Because they can ! They will see us as a ‘lesser’ opponent and will play one of their other top class midfielders that would walk into any other premier league team. He doesn’t need to play every game so he is at his peak when he is selected.

He’s their best player now I think, I very much doubt they will rest him so early in to the season. If they do rest him then happy days :). I think we’ve got a chance with all the injuries they have

I don't see us getting anything from the next 2 games, just avoid any real hammerings and I'll be relatively pleased. 

We simply must be a lot more disciplined against these, if we're anywhere near as open as we were against Brighton then good god it could be a cricket score. 

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

"Sensory lounge"? What do you get? A flotation tank, some E's and a handjob? 

Mike, I haven’t seen that on the main menu maybe it’s an under the counter menu when you check in

• Haha 2