January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Still a bit miffed we didn't attempt to sign Andraz Sporar from Slovan Bratislava. For £6m he'd been an interesting punt.

On his way to Sporting CP apparently, be interesting to see how he gets on.

Swear I read last week he went to Celtic?

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Why would we be happy to see our only back up LB, who has PL experience, have been solid and played a role in us getting promoted, leave? We would have to spend money on a replacement and that money is better put on a striker imo.

Presumably we’d get money for him and I’d imagine any replacement would be on lower wages so it would probably balance. If they did decide to sell I’m sure they’d have someone lined up too.

Not that I see it happening.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

The amortization argument for being able to spend more doesn't mean we have it available.  They'll have an eye on expected future income,  and also an eye on the fact we can't use all the 140m as it would mean next year we'd have nothing to spend again (assuming all our signings are on more than one year contracts).

That said, we definitely have money available if needed and presumably will spend it if the right option comes up. 

Piatek for £30m you say?

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If it's true, that would takes us to something around £139m spent then. We can't just keep spending can we?

I don't care if Purslow says it works, go for it. Go get Benrahma for £25m and Youssouf Fofana/Teun Koopmeiners for £20m, we'll stay up no probs.

Can you believe it @JAMAICAN-VILLAN 

Watford now linked with Fofana.

Spies round here :ph34r:

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Can you believe it @JAMAICAN-VILLAN 

Watford now linked with Fofana.

Spies round here :ph34r:

I was actually wondering which Fofana this is/was?

It's not the one we were linked to years ago when Houllier was here was it?

I need to look him up!

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Go get Benrahma for £25m and Youssouf Fofana/Teun Koopmeiners for £20m, we'll stay up no probs.

Koopmeiners is a good shout ... AZ Alkmaar have some cracking young talent in him Boadu, Stengs, Evjen & idrissi ... 

• Like 1