January Transfers 2019/20

sne

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was actually wondering which Fofana this is/was?

It's not the one we were linked to years ago when Houllier was here was it?

I need to look him up!

The kid we were linked with retired at 25 due to injury. Link

Former U-21 France International Gueida Fofana has retired from football, his club Lyon have announced through their official website.

The 25-year-old midfielder has been being sidelined for more than two years by hyaline cartilage and a Malleolar injury.  He had two appearances and one goal with Les Bleus U-21 national team.

We're all bashing Man U without realising they are actually in 5th place.

I'd take that kind of "terrible" all day.

I'm guessing this must be based on their own high standards over the past couple of decades.

I actually think they'll be fine, young team and you KNOW they will buy more quality in the summer.

ALSO don't know why people are happy they are losing here, it is of no help to us.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm guessing this must be based on their own high standards over the past couple of decades.

I actually think they'll be fine, young team and you KNOW they will buy more quality in the summer.

ALSO don't know why people are happy they are losing here, it is of no help to us.

They still get generous treatment from refs

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In part I think it’s because when the Premier League started there was very little between us in terms of quality. They went from strength to strength and we, well, we didn’t. 

I appreciate them losing in almost circumstances, because deep down I’m still bitter and twisted about it.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I was looking at the 2019/20 team photo and found it useful illustrating visually how many players we've lost:

1438035841_Screenshot2020-01-22at21_15_21.thumb.jpg.0e78790b73322092aaf3d8f808722f62.jpg

Add a possible falling out with Engels and the departure of Kodj and Kalinic and it shows how limited our options are. It really is quite shocking that we're managing to hold on

Who’s that behind El Ghazi, at the end? 

37 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I was looking at the 2019/20 team photo and found it useful illustrating visually how many players we've lost:

1438035841_Screenshot2020-01-22at21_15_21.thumb.jpg.0e78790b73322092aaf3d8f808722f62.jpg

Add a possible falling out with Engels and the departure of Kodj and Kalinic and it shows how limited our options are. It really is quite shocking that we're managing to hold on

Dunno what filter they used for that photo but it looks like they’ve all been living in an igloo for six months, even the black lads! 

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Nothing but indifference as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Awol said:

In part I think it’s because when the Premier League started there was very little between us in terms of quality. They went from strength to strength and we, well, we didn’t. 

I appreciate them losing in almost circumstances, because deep down I’m still bitter and twisted about it.

I'm more bitter about the likes of Tottenham and Wolves to be honest.

ALSO, just noticed I put this in the wrong thread.

Was meant for the PL one. lol

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Awol said:

My rule of thumb is: **** Man Utd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

There's a factory just south of Paris that works 24/7 producing crate after crate of players named some combination of Youssouf, Moussa, Traore, Dembele, Bertrand, Sissoko and any variation you want of Mamadou. Fofana is a new model they are working on recently.

Best comment I’ve read on here in a long time 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes they are 5th, wouldn't take much to bring them into a relegation battle, that's how far and how quick it could stretch. We are nine points away, if utd drop games and we can pick up points then maybe many of our wishes come true, that a possible man Utd go down, now wouldnt that be something, we can dream. If it did happen then it would only confirm something that big clubs who thought money solved the problem, got it wrong. A drop like we had to go through to the point that utd have to reset much like we did to get it right again and actually play football, may not turn out so good for them, they are not as powerful as they once were.

Crazy season so far that 16 clubs could be in a relegation battle in no time at all, shows how tough and tight this league has gotten.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably based on their team costing almost a billion pounds but they are only four points ahead of Newcastle in 14th.

But agree, from our perspective hilarious as it is for them to lose we could do with them winning most of their games!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Probably based on their team costing almost a billion pounds but they are only four points ahead of Newcastle in 14th.

But agree, from our perspective hilarious as it is for them to lose we could do with them winning most of their games!

I hope we finish ahead of them this season and they become the next Leeds 

I want to be safe as soon as possible and shove the Doing a Fulham I get from their dickhead supporters in some FB groups down their throats

Edited by Kiwivillan