January Transfers 2019/20

sne

18 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I like this but it is predicated on the assumption that El Gharafa paid all their transfer fee up front. Why is their deal for Kodj not spread across the duration of his contract as well? If this was the case and Kodj had a three year deal, we’d be getting 900k per year.

We'll have got them to cough up their filthy oil money upfront. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Random question. Would anyone take Joe Allen if we could get him for a reasonable fee? 

Honestly, I think he would be a better signing than Drinkwater.

Clive Allen would be a better signing than Drinkwater 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was looking on a Stoke forum last night looking for their opinions of Nzonzi... at what I noticed was lots of praize for Nzonzi and the fact that they don't seem to rate Allen at all, Etebo from them would be a better option for midfield, he's on loan at Getafe though, so not sure if he'd be available.

11 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Yeah, Smith won't keep getting away with these lucky 10 nil masterclasses. Laugh all you like, but I'd take Big Sam now. At least you know where you are with him. Nothing wrong with a good bit of meat and potatoes, relegation avoiding football, to cure your insomnia.

None of that there fancy “meat’ in Big Sams gaff! Just good old fashioned, uncooked English spuds! Eyes and all! Yes it gives him worms and he shits through the eye of a needle, but he always knows where they are (cupboard under the sink, next to the Brillo pads) and they’re a tasty bargain at £1 for a bag of 50 from Local John’s Potato Shop (No Foreigners Allowed)

..sorry about that. I got a bit excited at the talk of Big Sams spuds.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Was looking on a Stoke forum last night looking for their opinions of Nzonzi... at what I noticed was lots of praize for Nzonzi and the fact that they don't seem to rate Allen at all, Etebo from them would be a better option for midfield, he's on loan at Getafe though, so not sure if he'd be available.

Allen has actually looked good tonight. Clever player. 

• Like 1

so we currently have:

- the only Zimbabwian (17m population) in the Prem - Nakamba.

- the only Tanzanian (59m population) in the Prem - Samatta,

- 2/4 Egyptians (98m population)  in the Prem - Elmo/Trez.

- 1/3 Americans (327m population)  in the Prem - Vassilev (recently youth promotion to bench)

- Only Montenego (0.7m population) player in the Prem - Sarkic (not yet in squad)

wonder if they commercial aspect played any decision in these signings (not inc. Vassilev/Sarkic)...... :)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I like this but it is predicated on the assumption that El Gharafa paid all their transfer fee up front. Why is their deal for Kodj not spread across the duration of his contract as well? If this was the case and Kodj had a three year deal, we’d be getting 900k per year.

I’m not sure it actually matters how the payments are structured, that just effects the cash flow. It’s a provable fact that we have signed him on a contract for however long so there’s a reasonable argument that we can amortise the fee over that period of time for accounting purposes.

As in most financial arrangements there’s a lot of smoke and mirror tricks. A lot of the problems in the recent past have been caused by the fact that we’ve had owners who are interested in things like romantic nourishment and theme parks. We now serious business men who are interested in serious business and so relatively simple accounting processes are now something we do instead of spending hours working out how to say we’re about to sign Scott Hogan in emojis. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so we currently have:

- 1/3 Americans (327m population)  in the Prem - Vassilev (recently youth promotion to bench)

- Only Montenego (0.7m population) player in the Prem - Sarkic (not yet in squad)

wonder if they commercial aspect played any decision in these signings (not inc. Vassilev/Sarkic)...... :)

With exception of the American's, the general population of these countries are very poor, great to have them all behind us but on commercial aspect  I can't see them being very effective

14 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

so we currently have:

*sign all the Chinese & Indians* 3 billion...

17 minutes ago, Awol said:

*sign all the Chinese & Indians* 3 billion...

Isn't Neil Taylor currently the only Indian player in PL?

Well half Indian, I believe one of his parents is Indian. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Isn't Neil Taylor currently the only Indian player in PL?

Well half Indian, I believe one of his parents is Indian. 

I didn’t realise that. Met quite a few Whalish people with a darker complexion, turns out Portuguese traders/pirates got it on with some of the local skirt back in day. Knew one at Uni called Fflur who was fit as butchers dog and could easily pass as Mediterranean - she was from Anglesey. Worked on S4C though, well out of my league.