January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Signings wise we need a striker. That’s plain to see. 

I don’t think the problem is our defence. The problem is how we are defending as a team. I think whilst it was nice to see us giving it a go against Leicester I think sometimes you have to just respect your opponent is much better than you and adjust accordingly.  Park the bus and hit on break if you have to.

We were so open it was a joke.  Very fortunate to only concede 4.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think the problem is our defence. The problem is how we are defending as a team. I think whilst it was nice to see us giving it a go against Leicester I think sometimes you have to just respect your opponent is much better than you and adjust accordingly.  Park the bus and hit on break if you have to.

This is not going to happen in a Smith team, you never really even see him tighten up the defense. Weather this is a good or bad thing I'm not sure.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

To be fair though goals change games.

First half we easily had as good chances as Leicester, and what happens if we go 1-0 up?

Leicester were just as lucky not to of conceded more in the first half.

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

To be fair though goals change games.

First half we easily had as good chances as Leicester, and what happens if we go 1-0 up?

Leicester were just as lucky not to of conceded more in the first half.

I’m afraid that you’re looking through very rose tinted spectacles. Leicester were better than us in every aspect of the game, GK aside. We were fortunate not to end with a 8 or 9-1 defeat. They were quicker, sharper, had far more intensity, more organisation. They smashed us completely on the day because we were poor and they were good. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

I’m afraid that you’re looking through very rose tinted spectacles. Leicester were better than us in every aspect of the game, GK aside. We were fortunate not to end with a 8 or 9-1 defeat. They were quicker, sharper, had far more intensity, more organisation. They smashed us completely on the day because we were poor and they were good. 

To be fair the original poster does have a point, goals do change games. We had extremely good chances to go 1-0 up on a couple of occasions and with confidence lifted, the crowd behind us, the game could have been a lot different. 

That said, when the third went in Leicester did look a class apart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rather impressed by Salzburg. Some very decent players there. 

Unfortunately, they'll be no shortage of suitors and would cost a packet, more than likely. We kind of need to get those players before they do. 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

Unfortunately, they'll be no shortage of suitors and would cost a packet, more than likely. We kind of need to get those players before they do. 

Have to say what also struck me was how gelled they were as a side. They knew their own teammates movements in and out. Reminded me of Rosenborg of the 90s. 

This is one of the dozens of reasons why we need to give both this Villa squad and Deano time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Have to say what also struck me was how gelled they were as a side. They knew their own teammates movements in and out. Reminded me of Rosenborg of the 90s. 

This is one of the dozens of reasons why we need to give both this Villa squad and Deano time. 

Red bull do that with their teams tbf - it's a great model, just a shame about the branding!

11 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

For the love of god, just get another front man. We will get relegated if we persist with Wesley this season. He’s bringing neither goals nor assists, I think he’s slowly dragging the rest of the team down. 

I read earlier that Wesley has had only one off target attempt at goal in 180 minutes. That basically means, even if we bring in the most average striker next month, it's pretty much going to feel like we've signed Ronaldo. Exciting times are ahead!

Okay... I'm slightly exaggerating.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

We wouldn't get a work permit accepted for most of their players (African & Asian players) though before they signed for Salzburg. It's also easier for a lot of clubs  or countries elsewhere around Europe than over here.

It's a hell of a  lot more relaxed  than over here.

The days are gone  now from when we just plucked Dwight Yorke without work permit worries for just £20k from Signal Hill in T&T back in 1989.

Edited by Villan4Life

Linked with Vida today ... he was a beast at the WC last summer .... Swop with Kodija &  €££€€? 

Probs just clickbait nonsense ... 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-vida-17396546

Aston Villa are one of a number of clubs in contact with Besiktas over a potential move for Croatia international Domagoj Vida. 

Vida has been linked with a move to the Premier League for an extended period of time, with Wolves being credited with an interest in the summer.

He eventually stayed with the Turkish club, but Turkish-Football have reported that both Villa and Watford have made contact over his availability.

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Rather impressed by Salzburg. Some very decent players there. 

Knocked out by 2 former Salzburg players in Mané and Keita.

Edited by sne

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Linked with Vida today ... he was a beast at the WC last summer .... Swop with Kodija &  €££€€? 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-transfer-news-vida-17396546

Meh!!! i don't rate that Vida!! Proper always has an error in him every other game! Plus he's 31 in new year they would want big money!

Massive no thank you!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Turkish papers keep linking us with CB's.

First that guy Christian Luyindama from Galatasaray and now Vida from Besiktas.

Wonder which one of Fenerbache's CB's they'll link us with next?

Just now, sne said:

Turkish papers keep linking us with CB's.

First that guy Christian Luyindama from Galatasaray and now Vida from Besiktas.

Wonder which one of Fenerbache's CB's they'll link us with next?

Probably some absolute shithouse like Sadık Çiftpınar that is nowhere near good enough for us :)

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He's not a bad CB but think he's 30 now. Also not really played in any of the big leagues, was at Kiev for five years and been at Besiktas since 2018.

Guess Chester could well leave in January for fresh start elsewhere so makes sense to sign experienced CB rather than yet another up and coming CB as we have plenty of them.

I think we need more than a striker, i actually think we need to get this right and bring two in. 

Kodjia won't be here for much longer I feel, I certainly think Davis can't cut it although he runs around alot, Hogan is a no no and while Lansbo hasn't hardly played he tries but I feel he won't ever be a proper part once we start bringing in other players.

So yeah I say we need two strikers not one. Bringing in Two strikers should allow Wesley to develop without pressure and behind the scenes. We then bring two in and one should at least hit it off, we need speed this time, ruthless aggression, skill, creativity and of course that never give up none stop chasing attitude.

Don't ask me who though, havnt thought that far ahead in names, but we do not need another big built player. You see the one player who would of fit us perfect would of been Tammy, he was perfect for us in every way and we so need to find someone on a similar level.

Another left back, certainly another midfielder now and most certainly another couple of wingers because ours just do not fire as much as we need them to, let alone whisk in those crosses just how they are needed. Service is a wingers key component and so far Ghazi, Trez and Jota have all but failed in there service to our attacking line. We need to get this right January, we don't it's our ass on the line in the Prem.

After seeing some of our players recently, it's obvious we need a bigger squad to relieve others, quality drops it seems the more games our top players have and that's due too constant games without being changed. Another six to eight players  is what i think we need.