January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In case you hadn't noticed:

1)wesley doesn't really get to rest so he likely isn't 100% every game

2) We have just come of the most difficult stretch of our schedule so his goals to minute ratio are inflated the same way it would be if instead of playing all of the top 6 we played the bottom 6. Which is the key thing. What you are currently comparing wesley to is like if you said Maupay would only score 13 goals in the championship because that is how many he is on track for in the prem it is a different standard of opposition. 

3)Maupay is currently in a better team which is designed to give him chances to score and has taken the 2nd most shots in the league but has only scored 6 goals. Only a 12% conversion rate to Wesley's 15.4%.

You’re deluded. You’ll see sense soon.

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

In case you hadn't noticed:

1)wesley doesn't really get to rest so he likely isn't 100% every game

2) We have just come of the most difficult stretch of our schedule so his goals to minute ratio are inflated the same way it would be if instead of playing all of the top 6 we played the bottom 6. Which is the key thing. What you are currently comparing wesley to is like if you said Maupay would only score 13 goals in the championship because that is how many he is on track for in the prem it is a different standard of opposition. 

3)Maupay is currently in a better team which is designed to give him chances to score and has taken the 2nd most shots in the league but has only scored 6 goals. Only a 12% conversion rate to Wesley's 15.4%.

1)Ah yes, this just sounds like another excuse for Wesley. Now its he's not 100% for each game, he's just tired, that's why his scoring record is crap.

2)I edited it in the earlier post. Brighton have also played against all of the top 6.

3)Wesley and Maupay have similar amounts of quality and quantity of chances to score from. Both Wesley's and Maupay's expected goals are around 6, the excuse that Wesley doesn't get enough good chances compared to Maupay doesn't fly. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

1)Ah yes, this just sounds like another excuse for Wesley. Now its he's not 100% for each game, he's just tired, that's why his scoring record is crap.

2)I edited it in the earlier post. Brighton have also played against all of the top 6.

3)Wesley and Maupay have similar amounts of quality and quantity of chances to score from. Both Wesley's and Maupay's expected goals are around 6, the excuse that Wesley doesn't get enough good chances compared to Maupay doesn't fly.

Brighton may have also played against the top 6 but did maupay play 90 minutes in every one of those games but Liverpool. And again they have also played Watford and Southhampton who have 30 and 35 goals respectively which along with Norwich are the 3 easiest games to score in and Brighton have played all 3 of them

23 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

That's fine. Really. I respect us not getting fleeced, but the lack of alternatives is strange. 

Didnt we chase a striker from RB Leipzig on deadline day as well think Augustin. Checking his stats he is doing worse than Wesley for Monaco at the moment

• Like 1

Doubt we’ll do anything in January here, but should we stay up I would also like us to look at finding a right and left back to challenge Guilbert and Targett.  Obviously releasing Elmo and Taylor. 

Max Aarons at Norwich being an obvious choice for right back, especially if Norwich go down and we stay up.  

Someone to challenge Targett is a tough one, but what do people think of Antonee Robinson at Wigan?  Only seen him twice, but both times he has impressed me.  Young, skilful and seemed quick.   

13 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Someone to challenge Targett is a tough one, but what do people think of Antonee Robinson at Wigan?  Only seen him twice, but both times he has impressed me.  Young, skilful and seemed quick.   

Harry Pickering (Crewe) or Ryan Manning (QPR) for me as Left back to challenge Matty!! Both have big potential

I'd even try for Josh Tymon (Stoke on loan at  Famalicão) He's having  great season in Portugal. Still only 20. Been out favour at Stoke for while since his move from Hull. But in my view he is a very promising youngster.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I'd even try for Josh Tymon (Stoke on loan at  Famalicão) He's having  great season in Portugal. Still only 20. Been out favour at Stoke for while since his move from Hull. But in my view he is a very promising youngster.

Always signed Tymon in FM17

Him and Bree and you had amazing full backs for 10 seasons.

• Like 1

I wouldn’t be surprised if we went in for Ryan Woods. Yes he may not have pulled up trees at Stoke, but he was very influential in the way Smiths side played best. It’s interesting to hear that the youth team are playing more like the Brentford team than the first team are. Smith may want someone he knows in midfield to help implement his ideas onto the other players 

Yeah, I'm convinced we need a better midfielder now. Wesley is crap, but at the end of the day our attackers are still scoring so its not that big an issue. I think the first choice defence of Targett, Mings, Engels and Guilbert are good enough to stay up. 

That really just leaves the midfield who I think are the root of our woes due to their inability to have any hold on the game and protect the defence. It isn't a coincidence that its the midfield that Smith has chopped and changed the most.

20th December 2018.

John Percy announced we had signed Lovre Kalinic, the keeper we were absolutely desperate for. He arrived 1st of January and only registration admin stopped him playing that day.

We need news like that coming in the next 5 days of a striker on his way. Ideally PL admin is slicker and he can be ready to start at Burnley new year's day.

Things obviously didn't pan out for Kalinic but the efficiency of the signing gives a bit of hope when we're desperate.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

20th December 2018.

John Percy announced we had signed Lovre Kalinic, the keeper we were absolutely desperate for. He arrived 1st of January and only registration admin stopped him playing that day.

We need news like that coming in the next 5 days of a striker on his way. Ideally PL admin is slicker and he can be ready to start at Burnley new year's day.

Things obviously didn't pan out for Kalinic but the efficiency of the signing gives a bit of hope when we're desperate.

Would be a dream come true if we could somehow land a striker for early Jan. 

We need a new striker, we've needed one since the summer, but again we've conceded two goals or more in eleven of our seventeen games, if you're having to score two or more goals in most games you play just to get a result then it's the defence that's the biggest issue, most of our defenders as individuals are getting praised for their performances same with the goalkeeper, but something's going wrong somewhere and it needs fixing. Maybe it's the midfield that's the issue, at the time I was against us paying £20m plus for him, but looking back I think Kalvin Phillips would have probably have made a big difference to us.

• Like 1

Totally agree about Phillips. I’m sure we would be in a healthier position if we had signed him or another similar player. That would be priority one for me in January. We cannot dominate games without controlling the middle of the park.

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Totally agree about Phillips. I’m sure we would be in a healthier position if we had signed him or another similar player. That would be priority one for me in January. We cannot dominate games without controlling the middle of the park.

I don’t think a defensive midfielder is a priority for me, we have Luiz and Nakamba, both of whom are good enough for me

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think a defensive midfielder is a priority for me, we have Luiz and Nakamba, both of whom are good enough for me

Quite how you can say that is beyond me. Luiz has had a couple of good games - but on other occasions has been a total liability.

The signing I most want to see is a new head scout.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Quite how you can say that is beyond me. Luiz has had a couple of good games - but on other occasions has been a total liability.

The signing I most want to see is a new head scout.

We spent £26m on both of them, when another striker was a priority, it’s still early in the season. Another defensive midfielder isn’t a priority for me

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We spent £26m on both of them, when another striker was a priority, it’s still early in the season. Another defensive midfielder isn’t a priority for me

It's a priority because neither of those are good enough. £26m wasted.

New head scout please.