January Transfers 2019/20

sne

13 hours ago, A'Villan said:

To be fair though goals change games.

First half we easily had as good chances as Leicester, and what happens if we go 1-0 up?

Leicester were just as lucky not to of conceded more in the first half.

We pretty rapidly go 1-2 down would be my bet.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sne said:

Knocked out by 2 former Salzburg players in Mané and Keita.

Admittedly I've only seen highlights - but I like the look of Keita. He's not first choice at Liverpool....

... would he even consider coming here? (after he's picked up his PL winners medal, that is)

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

Admittedly I've only seen highlights - but I like the look of Keita. He's not first choice at Liverpool....

... would he even consider coming here? (after he's picked up his PL winners medal, that is)

No chance IMO.

We'd have more of a chance nicking Liverpool's current target Sander Berge at Genk before they get him.

But I don't see that happening either sadly.

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I’d take Keita but he’d probably have bigger clubs after him, I’d take Jordon Ibe too

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I’d take Keita but he’d probably have bigger clubs after him, I’d take Jordon Ibe too

The guy who is on trial today in London for crashing his Bentley into a cafe and binning it?

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

they paid £50m for him, he'd walk in to a fair few big European CL teams, absolutely no chance we'd be on his agents radar 

Only way we would get him is if Liverpool offered us 50+ mil and him for grealish. 

30 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I wonder if anybody will try and sign Bellingham from the clowns down the road? He looks like a proper player and still only 16, a They would probably flog him for peanuts.

We should be signing him in January and leaving him there for the season.

10 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

Less than zero chance. 

Edited by Hornso

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That Sadio Mane fella looks like he’d be worth a punt, could do a job for us up front. 

If we are going to take that big a risk surely you would buy De bruyne. Young talented everything you could want in a player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If we are going to take that big a risk surely you would buy De bruyne. Young talented everything you could want in a player. 

Nah, both him and Salah were crap at Chelsea.

Don't have what it takes, will never make it in the PL.

• Haha 1

Linked in the Daily Mail with yet another Brentford player.

This time it's 18 y.o Jaden Brisset who plays for their B-side (development side)

Attacking midfielder who has 12 goals and 9 assists (all in friendlies as this team doesn't play in any league)

No doubt he will be valued at £20m as per usual :D 

2 hours ago, sne said:

Linked in the Daily Mail with yet another Brentford player.

This time it's 18 y.o Jaden Brisset who plays for their B-side (development side)

Attacking midfielder who has 12 goals and 9 assists (all in friendlies as this team doesn't play in any league)

No doubt he will be valued at £20m as per usual :D 

You joke, but if we’d paid them 20m for Maupay, we’d probably be 6 points better off now. 

Fair play to them for valuing their players highly. You either pay it or go to some tin pot league and try to unearth a gem for less money or take an even bigger gamble by signing Wesley, 

Maupay and Benrahma would have completed an excellent summer for us. Both very good players. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

You joke, but if we’d paid them 20m for Maupay, we’d probably be 6 points better off now. 

Fair play to them for valuing their players highly. You either pay it or go to some tin pot league and try to unearth a gem for less money or take an even bigger gamble by signing Wesley, 

Maupay and Benrahma would have completed an excellent summer for us. Both very good players. 

Belgian league is less of a tin pot league than the Championship :D 

We may very well be better off if we'd spent another £40m on Benrahma and Maupay. Would have liked both of them here, but not at any cost.

I just find it a bit amusing that a club that "plays lovely football and is packed full of £20m players" are bumbling around the middle of the Championship table year after year.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1