January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

3 makes sense to me, I reckon we need backup for Targett, a striker and perhaps another winger.

It seems likely, and while I am not doubting you, why on earth would Little talk to strangers about sensitive Villa matters? Seems beyond weird. 

I know nothing about how this works in English football, and I don't know anyone connected to Villa (other than the owner/runner of VT), but it seems mental for people deep into the club to run their mouths about this stuff. 

20 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Just spoke to brian little in asda. 

Says we are targetting 3. One def a striker. Believe me or not

3 players...

1 def, a striker....whats the other position?

19 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I call bs Little shops at M&S

As a man of his standing i would have thought he was a Waitrose man myself.

53 minutes ago, imavillan said:

3 players...

1 def, a striker....whats the other position?

As a man of his standing i would have thought he was a Waitrose man myself.

I'm trying to shoehorn an 'every Little helps' joke in somewhere but that's Tesco innit.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

2 more goals for Bowen today. I think that's 14 goals for him so far this season.

This kid will end up at another premier league club.....just like maddison.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It seems likely, and while I am not doubting you, why on earth would Little talk to strangers about sensitive Villa matters? Seems beyond weird. 

I know nothing about how this works in English football, and I don't know anyone connected to Villa (other than the owner/runner of VT), but it seems mental for people deep into the club to run their mouths about this stuff. 

He is just Human....maybe Brian thinks its not that sensitive....speaking to a fan, is hardly running your mouth off

if he had mentioned names thats entirely different, i would agree.

are you miffed, he never spoke to you?.....just kidding..............i think.

• Like 1

I have never met him and even if I did he'd probably stay way clear from a crude individual like myself, but from a general point of view, nobody likes talking to Norwegians cause we tend to be rather introverted to the point of extreme. 

I just find the idea odd. Personally I think talking of internal matters to strangers not only disloyal, but also unprofessional. Which is why I think it's weird, cause it's the complete opposite of my impression of Little. 

57 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

1m27s in to his post match interview is interesting. Not convinced we will be in for any forwards by the sound of this. 

To paraphrase:

'Everyone keeps telling me we need to go and get forwards and wide players in, but for me the defence is where we need to be better'

Edited by av1

Just now, VillaChris said:

See Moreles missed a penalty today. Don't know what his general performance was v Celtic but I'm not convinced by him.

Feels like another we'll sign for 15-20m and hype up as top class and then the reality will be very different.

I think Moreles has all the attributes we are missing up front, pace, aggression, and a bit of that selfish streak all good strikers have. The big issue of course is the standard of the SPL. I don't mean to be disrespectful but the fact that Scott Sinclair can be so prolific up their makes it difficult to judge strikers from the dominant Glasgow clubs. 

He is very similar Maupay in many ways, someone I wish we had gone for. 

On 07/12/2019 at 17:24, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Brian Little is a genuine and down-to-earth gentleman, that's why he said what he did.

Indeed, I’m sure I’m not alone in having bumped into him at several games over the last few years - he is always happy to chat and I’ve no problem believing he’d say something as non- commital as that.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

otherwise we are in a relegation battle.

I am staggered any Villa fan thinks we are in anything other than a Relegation battle. 
We have been along with 11 /12 other Clubs all Season, and will be until the end. Striker or no striker

I sometimes wonder if the failure to understand that is the cause of much of the woe we see on here !

• Like 3