Match Thread: Villa v West Ham

limpid

7 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Grealish is so lackadaisical with so many of his touches its infuriating 

Of all the players to criticise...

He’s been our best player. Wingers and striker all poor. But we knew we didn’t have enough when the window shut. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Guilbert needs to stop bombing forward when Jota is covered by two/three players. Jota got no passing options. And there's no cover if/when he loses it. Its going to cost us eventually, nearly did all ready. 

We should look to exploit the gaps in midfield when they  cover Jota.  

? That's because fred gives him an option and every time he has refused it and given the ball away. Looks very off pace tonight.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

It's also so telegraphed, i mean ya know it's coming.

That part doesn't matter, because he still drags defenders with him, but he really needs to choose his moments better. It was such a bad decision towards the end of the half when Jota had 2 defenders on him.

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s been our best player. Wingers and striker all poor. But we knew we didn’t have enough when the window shut. 

Think Jack is wasted playing as a central midfielder, we need to utilise his dribbling and ability to draw defenders. Really can't see it being too long until he plays out wide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He hasn't. Not by a long shot. We haven't played well but Engels and McGinn are the only ones trying to get us to play front foot football 

Edited by Johnnyp
Mistake

We have actually done better than I expected us to. We weren't overrun by them and have shown some attacking promise, but with slack passing thrown into mix. That said, so far, it is is a hundred times better than the Palace performance. We could just as easily win this as lose it. One or two of those slack passes have come from Nakamba, but I like his energy.

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I disagree with most of you regarding El-Ghazi. He didn't track back well, but he's vital going forward. The only one with any kind of speed in this team. 

I kinda of agree, but his attitude is just shit and we're better off playing with 11 men. I'd definately get Davis on for Jota if El Ghazi can be trusted to step up. 

3 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

McGinn or Grealish are going off for Luiz second half. Neither of them have done anything major to warrant another 45 minutes of that with Luiz on the bench.

I must be watching a different game. I thought they were both full of energy / industry and looked like our most likely sources of danger.

An entertaining game for the neutral, which I know isn't a priority but it's a far cry from our last run in the Premier League.

• Like 3