Pre Match Thread

maqroll

There is a time and a place for principles and we will keep them on the old back burner, keep developing, keep training the right way, keep imprinting that philosophy in our day to day work. Now though, is the time to get points on the board. There is nothing to be ashamed of. Saw it yesterday with Arsenal, playing out for playing out sake. Pride and arrogance.
Deano knows the score. There isn't an ego driven bone in his body.

HIt the big man, get around him, get the place rocking.

tenor.gif?itemid=10245867

36 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Pretty much as I think. I think we'll play pretty well again but not create enough, the midfield will drop a bollock and we'll go behind and be ****.

we have to make sure we are not caught dwelling on the ball....its an achilles heel of ours.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

That sounds like one of those things that people say before a game, but then change their tune after it.

Picking up a point against a good West Ham team that will be hoping for top 10 this season wouldn't be a dreadful result. A point would take us out of the relegation zone and maybe give us a bit of confidence for the upcoming games.

Don't get me wrong, a win would obviously be ideal, but I wouldn't feel indifferent about a draw.

I nearly agreed with this - a pleasant bit of sense - but then you mentioned the “ relegation zone”.

I have to say I can never decide whether to laugh or cry when I see people talking about League positions in September.

(Of course for those that do so it’s worth considering West Ham are 3rd with a Win ... 😀)

Ive read some strident views so I’ll be strident for a change.

Any game we play a Point is a good result.

League position is utterly irrelevant.

We have the ability and skill to beat West Ham. Our coach is instilling methods that will pay off. We’ve no need to fear any team. When we click we can be as good as any.

We can certainly Win, which would be great as we need about 10 more, but we could easily lose which we can expect to do around 20 times. 

Its not a should win, nor a must win, nor an ought to win. 

I am going with a 4-2 Win, but would be very happy with a 0-0.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Depends how we get it. Can't see many being happy if we give away a last minute equaliser. 

There are plenty scenarios which would make some of our fans unhappy. 

At the start of any game at this stage I’m happy with a point.

At this stage of the season it's hard to predict results based on previous form. West Ham have won their last two games but they were against newly promoted Norwich and a diabolical Watford (yes Watford have improved a bit since then). They also got a decent point away at Brighton but we also smashed 5-0 at home to City.

So yeah, I honestly have no idea how this will go. I just hope the officiating is fair for once.

Looking forward to the game. Completely unphased by our table position. We have looked fine so far in this league. Gonna enjoy the ride till we are 10 games in. I really enjoy watching Villa play right now. Its been a while :)

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Had 2 cans of red bull, a pack of haribo and some sugar tablets I take before football.

**** buzzing now lads. 7-0. **** em up, get into em. Get the ball from back to front and no fannying about it. No more silly mistakes, no more sloppy play, no more dilly dallying.

Shell it. In the mixer. Heads up. Who wants it.

rodders0223 and Nakamba to start in the middle for me!   At least if we lose tonight, we have our new scapegoat!!   :lol:    If your not going to make the match day squad tonight rodders0223, can you at least do 10 laps around Villa Park before you enter the ground please?   I don’t wish to see this on my TV screen this evening:

cant stop charlotte hornets GIF by NBA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

It wasn't. Life of a football fan. Never happy. Always searching for the next buzz, the next level, the next achievement. Mid table mediocrity is the death of a football club.

I miss fighting for promotion already :(

I used to say during our years spiraling around the PL drain, that the relegation battles were honestly more enjoyable than the boring midtable finishes the likes of Stoke and West Brom were having at the time. Those scraps for points and thrilling 6 pointers, watching the table every day and working out the different permutations was in a perverse way kind of exciting. Of course, we had the same feeling when fighting for promotion in the Championship except more positive. Honestly wish the PL was more like the Championship. Every team fighting for something.

• Like 1