Pre Match Thread

maqroll

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Love these videos. Especially the part when Terry is working with Mingels. Awesome stuff.

Thanks for sharing. Interesting that in the training game at the end we’ve set up with Douglas Luiz and Nakamba in front of the usual back 4, while Grealish runs at them feeding El Ghazi and Jota. 

Wonder if that’s how we will line up tonight. 

• Like 1

Starts at silly o' clock here but fortunately I have tomorrow off work for one of the kids sports day may be yawning a bit during the egg and spoon race.

Against the grain but I'd like to see 

------------------------Heaton------------------------

Guilbert----Engels----Konsa----Mings----Targett

------Jota------Grealish-----McGinn-----El Ghazi

-------------------------Wesley-----------------------

• Like 1

i dont expect to win. but i do expect an improvement. smith has had 2 weeks to work with all of our attacking players, so i'm expecting much more attacking intent. i'll be reasonably happy if we just create a decent number of chances tonight and show that we have the potential to score goals because so far, i'm really concerned

This is must win for smith.  It's time for the talking to stop and results to show. we've had an easy start to the season and yet we're in the bottom 3. disgrace!

Hourihane MUST start tonight. If we can't play high tempo pass the ball first time (which seems obvious we are not as fluent as many others in the prem) we need to take our chances at set pieces.

The rest of the team (unfortunatly) picks itself.

Villa Park needs to be a fortress tonight.

That training video is laughable.

Players jumping over hoops with big smiles on their faces. like gurning idiots. look at lansbury in that shot! he knows after larking about with the lads he's probably got 4 different birds to shag in the afternoon then dop 8k at the bullring vip. that vid looks  like theyre  playing in the garden with their  nephews not training. no wonder micha richards stayed for 5 years without getting a game.

I want to see sweat and intense pain on their faces veins bulging at the temples.

like rocky 4 when he's training in the snow.  grunting at high decibels.

Villa media guys!             I don't want to see these coiffured preening ponces enjoying themselves after 3 defeats in 4 games I want to see them screaming in the ice bath. get that footage for the next defeat.

Edited by screwdriver
extra content added
  • Haha 3

I think this will be a really tough game.

I'm concerned about the amount of chances teams are seemingly able to create against us (this will improve, but it's an issue) and, coupled with this, West Ham are starting to look potent in attack.  Haller, Anderson, Yarmolenko and Lanzini are clicking.  If anyone is to break the top 6 this season, I think it's them.

That said, our home form will be key and we're creating a good atmosphere.  If we can get our own attack firing, we definitely stand a chance.

Villa 1 - 2 West Ham.

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think this will be a really tough game.

I'm concerned about the amount of chances teams are seemingly able to create against us (this will improve, but it's an issue) and, coupled with this, West Ham are starting to look potent in attack.  Haller, Anderson, Yarmolenko and Lanzini are clicking.  If anyone is to break the top 6 this season, I think it's them.

That said, our home form will be key and we're creating a good atmosphere.  If we can get our own attack firing, we definitely stand a chance.

Villa 1 - 2 West Ham.

Well that's saved me writing pretty much the same thing. Hope we get something but can see a 2-1 or 3-2 defeat due to something stupid

35 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It would be great if we could get a clean sheet.

I'd be happy with a 0-0.

Really? I'd be happy with a win, indifferent to a draw and disappointed with a defeat.

If we're losing the majority of our matches we cant settle for draws against mid table teams at home.

6 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Starts at silly o' clock here but fortunately I have tomorrow off work for one of the kids sports day may be yawning a bit during the egg and spoon race.

Against the grain but I'd like to see 

------------------------Heaton------------------------

Guilbert----Engels----Konsa----Mings----Targett

------Jota------Grealish-----McGinn-----El Ghazi

-------------------------Wesley-----------------------

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I will be getting up at some ridiculous hour to watch this before going to work.... Really would love a good result so the adrenaline can keep me up all day 😊

UTV

46 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Saw on Twitter it’s the 17th anniversary of the Enckelman bowler against the clowns. Hope it’s not a bad omen!

Let's cheer so loud from Australia they can hear us at Villa Park guys!!!

It's 11:45pm here right now, I better get to bed, 5am KO and the alarms are set from 4:30am onward.

Eagerly awaiting this one but I best get some shut eye, I've got a full day after the game.

• Like 3

The Hammers look good going forward, we'll do well to contain that attack, though they are a little weaker than us at the back I feel.

Whichever way you slice it we'll need a good performance to get anything from this game, and a full 90 minute performance would be nice. There's been too many 20 minute spells where we've lost concentration and made mistakes which have cost us, we have to eradicate those spells as soon as we can.

I think this could be a high scoring draw, so pile in on 0-0!