Cameron Archer

Zatman

It’s as close a replacement as billy sharp as you will find, a much better fit for them than Brewster. I still go to Sheffield quite a lot and it’s a small city, hopefully I bump into him! 

60 mil for archer, Ramsey bidace and carney is great business, never thought we would be in a position to be able to get these figures for out youngsters 

Edited by Villatillidie95
  • Like 2

It'll be tough considering they were already likely to go down before then proceeding to lose arguably their two best players this window, but really hope it clicks for him and he if nothing else can have a great individual season. If they can get him chances then I've faith he'll score, and then who knows he could end up back at Villa anyway in an ideal world.

15 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

55 mil for archer, Ramsey and bidace is great business, never thought we would be in a position to be able to get these figures for out youngsters 

I dont think we are getting 20 million for Bidace 😝

Great move for him and for us. He becomes a regular for them, weekly games in the PL and chance to reach his potential. That was never going to happen here just yet. If he does well he comes back as a bonified PL CF, if not we potentially get more money for him. Good business all round. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

What are they going to say? Thank you for scoring all those goals when on loan for someone else? 😂

And surely this is a good use of the academy in many ways. It’s important that we can produce some good players for the first team but also important that we do what’s good for the club when we don’t produce a first team player. In other words make some money whilst still showing that we can provide a route to a good career even if it may be elsewhere. He may still be a future Villa first team player anyway. I think we’ve done well here and covered most bases. There’s definitely a chance that we are now a well run club in many ways. I am talking about Villa aren’t I?  It’s taken sometime but we’re getting there now. Thank you NAS and Wes. Not just for your initial purchase but also for your vision and business nous and sticking to the project when times have been a bit tough. First class ownership gentlemen. Brains and money plus genuine resolve. We’ll get there in the end I’m increasingly sure. 

As others have said the fact that we are selling academy graduates to premier League and championship teams for decent money shows the academy is doing a really good job in recent years.

Little bit of a shame that we never really saw much of Archer and he didn't even score a League goal for us but I think it's the right decision.

On 27/08/2023 at 14:02, CosmicVillan said:

I am sad to see him go as I think he deserved a run in our first team but best of luck Cam 

In place of Watkins? Maybe take Diaby out? Change formation and play two strikers? What we saying?

Â