Cameron Archer

Zatman

16 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ll be shocked if he’s not in the squad coke September. Don’t we also need him for the 4 home trained players? 

No, in theory we could name a 21 man squad + leave 4 spaces rather than 4 home grown players

We won't obviously but there is a way around it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he's ready to go toe to toe with Watkins and I really like Ollie

I think ollies got more to his game and is easier to build a team around

But archer is going to be the next defoe

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think ollies got more to his game and is easier to build a team around

But archer is going to be the next defoe

Is there room in Julie B's basement?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I think he's ready to go toe to toe with Watkins and I really like Ollie

He's got a very long way to go before that. It's all well and good scoring against Stav Lemkin and Gil Cohen of the Israeli league, but we know he can do that already. 

Given our fixtures next year and our lack of strikers, not keeping him for games and loaning him would be thick.

if we wanted to buy a young striker tearing it up like him in 2023 it would cost us over £20m

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No, in theory we could name a 21 man squad + leave 4 spaces rather than 4 home grown players

We won't obviously but there is a way around it

@IrishVilla10 also worth pointing out that as he was born after 1 january 2001 he wouldn't count as one of the 4 anyway. He can play for us without being named in our squad at all.

Sell him this summer and you get max £15 mill.

Keep him and play him enough and you have a cboice  next summer. Sell him for £30 mill or keep him to compete for the number 9 slot. 

Because the kid scores goals ( and now assists as well ) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Sell him this summer and you get max £15 mill.

Keep him and play him enough and you have a cboice  next summer. Sell him for £30 mill or keep him to compete for the number 9 slot. 

Because the kid scores goals ( and now assists as well ) 

You genuinely only think we'd get 15 mil for him when 7 years ago we were buying likes of Hogan, McCormack, Kodjia etc for not much less. He's 21 and scoring goals regularly for England at his age level. 

10 minutes ago, turvontour said:

You genuinely only think we'd get 15 mil for him when 7 years ago we were buying likes of Hogan, McCormack, Kodjia etc for not much less. He's 21 and scoring goals regularly for England at his age level. 

This is Villa we're talking about! We'd definitely overpay for an average player and sell a good player for peanuts 😜

30 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Ok. Understand that. Was thinking more that he would go to a top championship team or a newly promoted prem team. Where maybe it would be 20 mill rather than 15 actually  i actually get angry thinking about him playing against us in the prem . Because i have every belief that he is going to improve year on year on year. And then i get even more angry that he has done it for Boro Preston and Eng U21s and in Cup games for Villa but never had a chance to prove himself in the Prem . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Osirus said:

Did he ever play for the younger age groups for England? 

Nope - couple of caps for u20s and now a few at u21. Burst on the scene with his couple of cameos for us and the Preston move. 

51 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

If we didn’t have Cameron Archer, we’d be saying we should sign Cameron Archer to be backup to Ollie. 

Absolutely. I've thought this myself. 

The most promising prolific striker in the championship. Only three players ended with better minutes per goals than him last season in the championship, and they were all in their prime.

Stewart - Sunderland - 26

Akpom - Boro -  27

Manuel - Burnley - 26

Imagine signing the striker that was just behind them in minutes per goal, that also got more assists than them all , and was 21.

Â