Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

There's your answer to that one ↓↓↓

But he'd contribute to the 4 Villa developed players that have to be in the European registered squad. Currently only Ramsey fulfills that. If we get European football two of Archer, Irebogum, and AJ will be kept at Villa. Add those two to JJ, and one of the young keepers and we have a full 25 man European squad. Otherwise we'd have to leave those slots empty.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Does the same squad that’s registered for European football have to be registered for The Premier League? 

No, they can be different.  Rules are different so really they have to be.

In both cases, you can name up to 25 in total and unlimited numbers of players under 21.

In both, 8 slots of the 25 are reserved home grown (association trained) players,  but there's a slight nuance.

Uefa require 4 of the 8 to be club-trained players, which means having been at the club for at least 3 years between 15 and 21.

The pl doesn't have that additional stipulation, so all 8 can be association trained.

Association trained is also slightly different between the two.. in the pl it means having been registered in the same association as the club for 3 years before the age of 21. Uefa require it to to be 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, MrBlack said:

No, they can be different.  Rules are different so really they have to be.

In both cases, you can name up to 25 in total and unlimited numbers of players under 21.

In both, 8 slots of the 25 are reserved home grown (association trained) players,  but there's a slight nuance.

Uefa require 4 of the 8 to be club-trained players, which means having been at the club for at least 3 years between 15 and 21.

The pl doesn't have that additional stipulation, so all 8 can be association trained.

Association trained is also slightly different between the two.. in the pl it means having been registered in the same association as the club for 3 years before the age of 21. Uefa require it to to be 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21.

That helps explain Chucks move to Chelsea. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

That helps explain Chucks move to Chelsea. 

Quite possibly. By the time he's 21 he'll comply with Uefa club trained metric. Shame Chelsea won't be anywhere near European competition then 😬.

I should add you can just not have a squad of 25 if you don't get enough to meet the quota. 17 places can go to anyone, its just you only get to add up to 8 more if they meet the criteria.

• Thanks 1

Boro fan mate of mine was texting me today saying did I think we’d be open to selling and he’d be very happy for them to spend £20m. I said I hoped they come up and he did another year on loan, but if we get Europe in some form I imagine we will want him around.

34 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Boro fan mate of mine was texting me today saying did I think we’d be open to selling and he’d be very happy for them to spend £20m. I said I hoped they come up and he did another year on loan, but if we get Europe in some form I imagine we will want him around.

Negotiate a bit just in case, see if you can push your pal to 25m and a buy back clause

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whether we decide to sell or not is one thing but they’ll definitely be loads of interest in Cam this summer. I think we may receive some pretty big bids. All 3 promoted clubs will surely be interested, plus maybe some already in the PL. 

I expect us to resist of course but he is strengthening his reputation every single week now. If anybody offers anything close to £30m, it would be very tempting I’m sure.

Â