Cameron Archer

Zatman

10 hours ago, skarroki said:

For me now with the link established and Duran being fluent in Portuguese it just seems like an obvious step to send him over to Vitoria, get a season of football under his belt in a top flight and in a European competition. See what he can do there, he's still young and lots to learn. 

Archer for me needs to be given a go. We can re-assess in January if it's going wrong, recall Duran and send Archer out again or sell. 

He can't do anything else now to prove he needs a chance here, this is more than enough proof. 

Thats a great shout about loaning him to vitoria. That suits both parties

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure jedinak is feeding back how well archer is doing to unai emery

Id be stunned if we cashed in seeing him as one of the best young english prospects out there

So would i but it all boils down to does he keep Watkins ( or another incoming striker, nobody knows Emery’s thought process on that ) out - and i don’t think he does. Will stunt his development going back to getting minutes on the bench here next season. Then there’s Duran!.  Best case scenario - Boro get promoted and we loan him to them next season and he’s playing premier league football. 

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No way. Shit league. Apart from 2-3 teams it’s muck. I’d sooner him go championship again than there. 

59 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure jedinak is feeding back how well archer is doing to unai emery

Wouldn't worry about that - Unai has probably watched every minute of the loan spell himself! And every other Championship game just for the education.

Edited by Tom13

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

No way. Shit league. Apart from 2-3 teams it’s muck. I’d sooner him go championship again than there. 

I meant for duran not archer

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

So would i but it all boils down to does he keep Watkins ( or another incoming striker, nobody knows Emery’s thought process on that ) out - and i don’t think he does. Will stunt his development going back to getting minutes on the bench here next season. Then there’s Duran!.  Best case scenario - Boro get promoted and we loan him to them next season and he’s playing premier league football. 

Yes thats a very good idea see how he does for boro if they make it. Hopw boro come up via play offs

I think he suits an Emery system as a Watkins backup better than when Watkins was expected to be running into channels and chasing the ball down at every opportunity.  Stick him in front of goal and he's seems very effective.  Would love to see him progress into the full squad next year, we may have a lot of games to play 🙏🤞

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally I think people are over egging the Vitoria link. You go into any player from our youth ranks (or Duran) and people are saying they should go to Vitoria. I’d be surprised if more than one goes there a year. Personally think it will be used the other way with us signing players from Vitoria where they have been signed that we couldn’t (work permit etc).

As for Archer, it’s a tough one as he clearly has goal scoring ability, I’m just not convinced where he gets game time at us. I still think we’ll sell, with a buy back clause and/or sell on clause.

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Class in the Championship, a little worried he's not big or strong enough to make it in the Prem, as Davis also proved.

Davis not big or strong enough? Get Brock Lesnar in.

• Haha 3

If we do get into Europe soon and hopefully we will, then we will need a number of players in our 25 man squad who have come through our youth team. 

Whilst he have a lot of promising youngster's who meet this, he is easily top 4 out of them and would likely be included.

I cant see us selling him anytime soon. Either kept around next season if we do get Europe this year or another loan whilst we try and get it next year. 

I think how good Watkins is playing is great for him, as I think it reduces likelihood we splash out on a striker. Watkins will be our main man going into next season and we are unlikely to spend tens of millions on a backup - so the likes of Archer and Duran have it all to play for.

• Like 2

Â