Cameron Archer

Zatman

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Showed more in 11 minutes than Watkins has in the last 18 months. I was confident when he had the ball at his feet he’ll go past the defenders. Buendia and Coutinho will thrive if Archer is given a run. 

To be fair we scored when Ollie knocked down his header, archers could be classed as good defending...

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Looked sharp and also has filled out even more. The difference in his physicality between now and 24 months ago is scary. 

He hasn't "filled out" he's just got fat from not running and being stuck on the bench constantly 

Surprised there’s positive reviews here. He did nothing (everyone did nothing) apart from a terribly overpowered header across the box.

That isn’t Cameron’s fault overall, but I didn’t see anything that suggests he’s up to doing anything.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Surprised there’s positive reviews here. He did nothing (everyone did nothing) apart from a terribly overpowered header across the box.

That isn’t Cameron’s fault overall, but I didn’t see anything that suggests he’s up to doing anything.

Nothing that suggests he's up to doing anything? That's an odd way to word it.

His purposeful dribble from halfway was more than Watkins amd Coutinho did for most of the game. Just a shame that dribble inevitably broke down when he actually tried to link with Watkins.

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

No beef with him, decent prospect… but people are pinning their hopes on him because the manager is making all the senior pros stink the place out

I dont think that is the reason. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I dont think that is the reason. 

If Watkins and/or Ings were in form and playing well I would have no qualms about Archer sitting on the bench. I'd like to think that in that scenario they'd have been rested for the cup game, and we'd have had some 2 goal leads during which we get an opportunity to rest our senior strikers. (Ha!)

The fact that isn't the case, means archer's absence is puzzling at best. Especially so given how well he performed pre season, how we decided not to loan him out, and how Watkins and Ings look like they could play for 6 hours against that Forest side without scoring.

There's a bit of everything about people hoping to see more of Archer, and out of form senior pros is definitely part of it. 

• Like 1

Everytime he plays, he seems to find the net. 

You can't coach that but you can suppress it by not giving the kid minutes then expecting him to suddenly come on and win a game.

He needs a run of games and I reckon he'd score 3 or 4 easily. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Mister_a said:

Looked like a 50 million quid head when he scored that header vs Chelsea

Ollie looked like a proper striker against Liverpool too.....

But I do like how it looks like Archer reads the game.  Just gives me that feeling that he's someone who will find themselves in the right place at the right time.  Probably a bit more dependent on others getting the ball into the right place at the right time as well - but I am more confident in him than I have been about many others.  Would love to see him getting more game time - but am worried that our scoring problems will mean that "tried and tested" options will get priority even if they are struggling.

• Like 2

Another one of our better players out for months after only playing a few minutes?

What the hell is going on with our physio dept and fitness people? While we are busy sacking Gerrard, Purslow, all the coaches and Doris the tea lady, we should be firing the physio's as well...

Â