Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Reo-Coker is one of the worst passers to play centre midfield for us, probably even worse than Jedinak

The only reason he was a good tackler, was the fact that he gave the ball away so often, he had plenty of practice. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The Helenius pants incident makes me wonder if Vertonghen was tentatively trying to come out to the world. Good for him. 

football-pants-003.jpg

Right in front of the Holte End, I still feel totally puzzled how the ref could not give a penalty for such a blatant foul. Honestly, how could any referee in the world miss the evidence? “He played ‘the advantage’ and missed” would have been the referee’s thought. Yes, because the shot was delivered with his shorts waistband around his knees! Where’s the advantage in that? FFS!

One of the few occasions I would support ‘going down’ instead of attempting a shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, brommy said:

Right in front of the Holte End, I still feel totally puzzled how the ref could not give a penalty for such a blatant foul. Honestly, how could any referee in the world miss the evidence? “He played ‘the advantage’ and missed” would have been the referee’s thought. Yes, because the shot was delivered with his shorts waistband around his knees! Where’s the advantage in that? FFS!

One of the few occasions I would support ‘going down’ instead of attempting a shot.

We lost that game 0-4 anyway. 

It was the first game I took my wife to. Very, very poor performance. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks the score line shouldn’t impact whether that was a penalty or not.

12 minutes ago, brommy said:

I can’t be the only one who thinks the score line shouldn’t impact whether that was a penalty or not.

Plus, IIRC it was 0-0 or 0-1 at that point so who knows what it might have ended up as.......assuming we'd have scored the penalty.......which we probably wouldn't have done.......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brommy said:

You are 100%, no argument. I wouldn't have cared if it was 0-100 to Spurs, a pen is a pen. 

I was trying to make a point that it was an abysmal game and we would have most likely lost it anyway ;)

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Plus, IIRC it was 0-0 or 0-1 at that point so who knows what it might have ended up as.......assuming we'd have scored the penalty.......which we probably wouldn't have done.......

Unfortunately my memory doesn’t stretch to what the score was at the time but my sense of injustice lingers. I know that Whelan* wasn’t playing so we might have scored the pen!

* thanks for saving our season.

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah I think it was 0-0, who knows wht might have happened to helenius' confidence had he not been debagged on live TV and in front of 40000 people just as he was about to score.

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Usage of VAR would be hilarious on that one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

what country does she live in now?😀

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Apart from the Belgium journalist on twitter and Sky who are probably just copying him without actually knowing anything themselves, has anyone else actually reported this deal as happening? Doesn't seem as much of a done deal as has been suggested.

Â