Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

So what’s the latest on this one? Anyone think it could be done today?

Since this is VT I'll answer 50/50 or possibly Wednesday

Gotta love that the Mail has done an article based solely on his Football Manager stats.

Novel way to address a player they had never heard of I guess :D 

Fwiw Football Manager are pretty good at this kinda stuff, but still.

Villa signing so many players that they can't keep up and someone pitching the idea to use FM so they at least have something.

According to Nakamba's Football Manager 2019 profile, he's a defensive midfielder who does his best work off the ball, rather than on it, as he focuses more on the defensive side of the game.

The Zimbabwe international has very strong mental attributes, including aggression, bravery, determination, work rate and teamwork, whilst also being strong physically, with high values for stamina, balance, strength and natural fitness.

0_Nakamba.png

He's not as strong technically as Villa's other midfield players, with average values in passing (12), first touch (11), dribbling (11) and technique (12), as he prefers to keep things simple and impact the defensive phase, rather than the offensive one.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marvelous-nakamba-aston-villa-transfer-16644581

Better make room in the trophy cabinet for that Pulitzer Prize :crylaugh:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Gotta love that the Mail has done an article based solely on his Football Manager stats.

Villa signing so many players that they can't keep up and someone pitching the idea to use FM so they at least have something.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marvelous-nakamba-aston-villa-transfer-16644581

Sack the journo that came up with that. Any lazier and his mum would be writing it for him

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sne said:

It's maddening. Instead of FM load up Wyscout and do some actual analytical analysis ffs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, sne said:

Absolute joke of a news outlet, all clickbait and speculation

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

And to think Leeds wanted how much for Phillips?

Nakamba plays for his country and has played CL football...I think he seems the better option.

This means nothing. I don’t think he is the better option. He is just the more affordable option. 

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This means nothing. I don’t think he is the better option. He is just the more affordable option. 

I don't think Philips deal as a backup to Luiz will be better than this at anycase. Not even sure he would be interested to come and not guarantee starts.

Â